paolobfelix
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7579 Battery blinking orange

Hello friends,

I recently bought a inspiron battery item code WDX0R which is the correct battery for my laptop.

a few hours after fully charging, the battery indicator light flashes orange repeatedly even when turned off.

disconnected the battery and the laptop works fine while using the adapter only.

My bios is up to date and my battery health indicates health is at 100% with no problems as per Dell Power Manager.

What could the problem be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7579 Battery blinking orange

Thank you for your message. I Will be glad to assist you on this.

The battery blinks amber when the battery level is low.

What is the BIOS version installed?

Disconnect the power cord & remove the battery, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Connect just the battery back in & start the computer, check the status of the battery in BIOS.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
paolobfelix
1 Copper

@Dell-SreejithR wrote:

Thank you for your message. I Will be glad to assist you on this.

The battery blinks amber when the battery level is low.

What is the BIOS version installed?

Disconnect the power cord & remove the battery, press & hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Connect just the battery back in & start the computer, check the status of the battery in BIOS.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Hello Sreejith,

Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Bios Version: 1.26.0

Primary Battery Health: Excellent

I understand it only blinks when the level is low, but the battery health is excellent and I fully charged this battery.

0 Kudos

I am not able to find any details with the part number you have shared. Could you please provide the PPID on a private message?

What is the status of the battery indicator on the notification bar?

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
paolobfelix
1 Copper

@Dell-SreejithR wrote:

I am not able to find any details with the part number you have shared. Could you please provide the PPID on a private message?

What is the status of the battery indicator on the notification bar?

Hello. 

The battery status is normal and battery health is excellent. I followed your instructions in your previous post.

The battery was already disconnected and I was using my laptop while the AC adapter was plugged. 

Before connecting the battery, I pressed and held the Power button for 30 seconds. Re-installed the battery, then I let it drain from 97% to 3%. The battery indicator light was normal that time, It was not blinking orange.

I have yet to replicate the condition where the light was blinking orange.

0 Kudos