Markpf189
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 7579 - Extremely Tinny/Pitchy Audio Through Speakers

I recently bought a Dell 15 7579 through the Outlet store (refurbished) and everything seems to work great, except the speakers are awful.

When I try to watch movies/shows/anything, there is a very distracting tinny/pitchy sound that comes from the speakers whenever the audio increases. It sounds sort of staticy and hurts my ears.

I've updated the BIOS and the realtek drivers, and also disabled the playback enhancements in the MaxxAudioPro settings. 

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7579 - Extremely Tinny/Pitchy Audio Through Speakers

Hi markpf189,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Do you hear the same thing by using external speakers or headphones?  Please perform a systems diagnostics by pressing F12 at startup or using Dell Support Assist.  If it appears to be a hardware issue, you may wish to contact Dell Tech Support for further troubleshooting.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm.  

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base and a video you may find helpful:

Sound/Audio Problems in Microsoft Windows

How do I resolve audio issues on my Dell computer?

How to fix Audio Problems in Windows 10

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 7579 - Extremely Tinny/Pitchy Audio Through Speakers

Thank you for your message.

Is this the sound from day one? Or did it change after a while?

Do you have the same issue with content offline & online?

Run a hardware diagnostics by following this link  http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & run a quick audio as per the image below & check if there is a change in the sound.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name, email address & an audio clip of the sound on your computer.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos