K

12 Posts

July 7th, 2018 09:00

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 ACPI_BIOS_ERROR

So my display driver crashed on windows 10

I restarted the PC

But after that when trying to boot to windows, my laptop just restarts

I tried to go to recovery options but it also restarts when choosing it

I also tried booting in a windows installer on the flash drive but it also restarts

I tried booting the flash drive in legacy but it says ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.

I tried updating my bios but same results

How do i fix this

July 7th, 2018 09:00

me also get same problem bro...please fix this problem

12 Posts

July 7th, 2018 22:00

i really hope they help us fix this issue 

i have been trying to figure out the problem for 1 week :(

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 8th, 2018 11:00

Saying the Display driver crashed may not just be a driver error.  Have you done the boot diagnostics on the system?

When the system restarts, what is restarting it, Support Assist or Windows?  If it is Support Assist, look in the Bios to see if you can turn it off or lower it priority to something more than 3.  The name of the Dell component may not actually be Support Assist but I don't remember right now.

If you can get to a place where allows you to start in Safe Mode, it might help replace an errant driver.  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 8th, 2018 18:00

Do you have an external display you can use?

Do you have the recovery or install media.  It sounds like you are trying that but it is still restarting.  In order to remove the drive as a possibly you may need to disconnect it.  It you are running two drives, which one holds the OS?

I think the first thing I would try is to disconnect all other drives and see if the system continues without being able to boot to the USB drive.

The spinning circles and restart would seem to be a driver or device problem.

12 Posts

July 8th, 2018 18:00

I did a full diagnostics

It showed no error

Cant even boot to safe mode

When it loads windows

The loading circle freezes then the computer restarts

12 Posts

July 9th, 2018 01:00

I tried booting with nothing plugged in in the USB port

I also tried removing the hdd and booted to the USB installer but same results

I wanted to try to reflash a fresh bios but i do not know how

12 Posts

July 9th, 2018 02:00

also tried booting using external display but it only uses the internal display 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 9th, 2018 21:00

The only thing I can pass along right not with your situation is someone booting their system in the Legacy mode ended up with an ACPI error.

I have never seen your situation, but it should be considered your display adapter has failed.  Sorry I can't give you other options but I have not seen your situation before.

The external display will use the Nvidia display adapter and should switch automatically.  If it does not, I cannot help since I have no experience with your situation.

12 Posts

July 9th, 2018 21:00

Is there a way to force it to only use external display?

12 Posts

July 10th, 2018 09:00

20180708_145047.jpgwhat commands can i type in the options box in the BIOS Flash Update?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 10th, 2018 17:00

I haven't see that window before so I can't think of some sort of option.  Are you running a Bios recovery utility? I suppose from the F12 key at boot?

Bios version does seem to be the latest version.  If the options are not related to a version or location, you might just leave it blank.

Again, I can only guess regarding the situation so not much help.

12 Posts

July 11th, 2018 02:00

Its the bios flash update from f12 boot menu

I have the latest 1.7.0 bios

2 Posts

September 12th, 2018 06:00

Hi, can u show photo System Information in bios?

1 Message

December 18th, 2018 19:00

Good night I see you're having the same problem as me did you get it fixed if yes how so I am still having the problem after updating the bios

February 17th, 2019 11:00

Anyone can solve this problem? I'm without my notebook.... 

No Events found!