BrodyW
2 Bronze

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Plugged In, Charging. Not Actually Charging.

Hello,

I have called Dell and performed all BIOS and other driver updates, have checked the Dell Power Manager Lite, run hardware diagnostic tests, and tried dropping my battery level down and plugging in the AC charger. No solution. The Dell service technician said he will be escalating the support ticket but I have not heard back so hoping some advice here would help! 

My battery health is "excellent", and it says it is charging. It would not go past 62% so I unplugged it. It dropped to 56% off the charger. I plugged it back in for >1hr and it did not go past 56%. I unplugged it and let the battery level drop to 29%, then let it stay on the charger overnight. It is still at 29%. AC adapter is 130W. No troubleshooting, restarts, or driver updates have helped the situation. 

I have had the laptop for about a year now and have been having fairly consistent problems. The laptop crashed the other day and a burning smell was coming from it. I wasn't gaming, and it was not plugged in when it crashed. Since then (at least this is when I noticed the battery issue) it has not charged. I have been having issues in games as well (screen flickering, sound fraying, parts of the game visuals not appearing, etc). I performed all diagnostic tests on graphics cards and software as well, with no problems being found. All software and hardware tests I performed were completed with no issues noted. It took about 3-4 hours for all the tests it performed. 

The laptop is still under warranty, but I don't know when they will let me send it in for repair? Is it possible the service tag on my laptop is for the wrong laptop, and the updates I am installing are not, in fact, for this model? I'm unsure if this actually means anything, but the laptop that shows up when I enter my service tag is a different colour. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
robert p
7 Gold

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Plugged In, Charging. Not Actually Charging.

Hello BrodyW,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not charging like it should.

Charging issues can be caused by several factors.  The AC Adapter, the power receptacle on the computer, or the charging circuit itself.  Please perform a system diagnostics by either pressing F12 at startup or by using Dell Support Assist. 

Make a note of any error messages and either post back or contact Tech Support. You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

0 Kudos