DubyaDude
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Touchpad doesn't work when Typing

Currently Running Windows 10 64-bit

I've had this issue for a long time now but never really had to care much until now.

Whenever I press W, S, A, D or any other buttons, let's say for gaming, the touchpad freezes up.

I've attempted to update drivers, but that didn't seem to help either.

I then did a bit of research and saw that it had to do with a specific setting in my mouse settings. A specific setting called "Palm Check". I wasn't able to find it because I didn't seem to have anything Synaptic Driver related (which is what most of the videos stated the setting was in). So then I thought maybe I was missing the driver and I looked towards the driver download list from dell and didn't see anything mouse/touchpad related.

And now I'm stuck. Thanks for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 Touchpad doesn't work when Typing

Hi DubyaDude,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not responding as expected.

There are a few things you can try.  If you system supports Quickset, it may have become corrupted, you can reinstall it to see if it helps.

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad on a Dell Notebook

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
DubyaDude
1 Copper

I tried doing a reinstall of quickset but didn't fix the issue.

My intention is not to turn on/off the touchpad, the issue is when I try to game and I press WASD or any other key, my touchpad freezes up. As I said previously it has to do with something called Palm Check but I can't find the settings anywhere for it.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message.

Does this happen only when you are gaming? Does this happen only in a particular game?

Does the touchpad respond if you close the game and use any other application?

Is the system heating up by any chance when you are gaming?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos