Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

5 Posts

June 21st, 2018 14:00

Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 performance issues

Hello,

I've been experiencing a ton of issues regarding the laptop's performance since I've got it (10.2017). I've been trying plenty of workarounds, most of which never worked anyhow, the first one being installing a registry file that allowed me to unlock max. power (that helped a lot, since the laptop with updated drivers couldnt even handle games like Overwatch on the lowest possible settings). After that I could play similar games on medium-high maintaining 50-60 fps, which was still terrible but I had given up. Nowadays I'm experiencing problems with browser, sometimes sound buzzing, videos lagging, games lagging, processor usage going up to 100% if I open browser + word or basically anything. The things I've done/tried were updating the drivers using DellSupport, diagnosing the laptop (results said it was perfectly fine), deleting MaxxWaves (that helped to almost get rid of the buzzes, they happen occasionaly), checking the disk using CrystalDisk (all good), deleting the Support Assistant (recommended fix which worked for some people, not me though), reinstalling the system (I kept the files though, hoping it would work anyways but it didnt). By now It's probably obvious I'm not experienced with computers, please keep that in mind and forgive me If what I did so far made little sense. I'm open to any advices/help since I feel pretty helpless by now and I emailed Dell regarding my warranty (I can't find any way to contact polish dell warranty service if there's any) but there's no answer. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for this being sort of a rant.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

June 21st, 2018 15:00

Bear in mind this is an entry-level system for gaming - you will never have the ability to run games at full video performance with it.

50-60 fps is about what you can expect from it - if you were getting that, but aren't now, make sure the system is internally free of all dust - it takes very little dust on the heatsink to insulate it and prevent it from doing its job.

5 Posts

June 21st, 2018 16:00

Thank you for your reply, I will make sure to check if the laptop's interior isnt covered in dust, however I highly doubt this is the reason behind it's performance (especially since It underperfomed eversince). I had the same (if not better results) on my previous MSI Apache laptop with GTX 860. I get lags and stutters on services such as Youtube or Twitch, especially if I watch things on full screen. I tried checking temperatures using SpeedFan, however I didnt get any reasonable results - does this mean that I'm facing hardware issues? Thanks for all the help, I really appriciate it.

all.png

#edit 22.06  14:49

My friend told me to run MSI Afterburner while playing, so I did, here are the results, perhaps they can help solving the issue:

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

June 22nd, 2018 06:00

If you read a bit back, that's why I suggested you check for dust inside the system.

If there is none, or cleaning doesn't help, contact Dell for a warranty repair.

You will still need to keep in mind that this is an entry-level gaming system - and even a 2018 entry-level gaming notebook is not going to do the same job as a mid-range gamer like the Apache did -- even if that system is a few years older. 

5 Posts

I'm sorry mate but I feel like you dont even read through my posts/check the attached pictures. If MSI Apache that was a few years older and cost me 800$ less than my Inspiron is better then this company is a joke. On the graphs that I've attached you can see that my CPU temperatures go up to 100 C, I've been told this could mean my cooling system is broken. Thanks for your "help", I'd like to see someone elses opinions too.

#some screenshots of my set up cause I feel like you've mistaken it for some "700$ notebook"

1.png2.png3.png

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

The MSI Apache line - even if older - is a world different from your Inspiron.  That system is a WRX -- your Inspiron is an Impreza.

You will never see the level of performance from the Inspiron that the Apache system gave you -- you're comparing a $700 notebook with a model that would have cost about twice that.

1 Message

July 19th, 2018 20:00

Sad to see someone else is having this issue. I got my Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 11.2017 and last week I noticed my performance began to suffer dramatically as well in everything including gaming and even web browsing. I've also tried many of the fixes that you have and none of them seemed to work so it seems that sadly this is an issue among multiple people and not just your one machine.

1 Message

July 20th, 2018 11:00

That's because the guy has no interest besides telling you that your system is entry level. His only "solution" to you not being able to use simple services like YouTube is to "check for dust" and "your computers too cheap".

This guys a joke.

Ive been having the same issues (same computer as you) for the last two days. I'm positive this is the last time I ever touch anything Dell makes but since im stuck with this computer for now, ill try to find some work arounds.

I recently updated some drivers but im not sure which one. Will do some hunting and get back to you.

5 Posts

July 20th, 2018 19:00

I am pretty sure the fault isnt on our side guys, as you can see no one from the staff is really interested in this topic so I would suggest using warranty if you still have it... Thanks for your replies in here and I hope you manage to fix your laptops to get them working like they should.

1 Message

July 28th, 2021 17:00

Hey! Although it's an old topic I noticed it's still unsolved. I haven't had the PC myself yet but as I was planning to buy one I searched some common problems with it. Anyway, I noticed that you had massive temperature problems (100C is not ok, is your house still unburnt?!) and dust seems not to be the problem. On some other thread with a bit different performance problems one mate said that they changed the cheap original thermalpaste with fresh one and after that things started to improve. I thought it might also be the case here after seeing your temp analysis. So in case it is still relevant - try to change thermal paste (or have it changed by a pro) between CPU/GPU and heatsinks.

Cheers!

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

July 28th, 2021 20:00

Yes the system is not that great per 2021 standards  I would have gone for a Core i5 and spread my remaining budget for GTX 1060. nothing can be done now so no point talking about it. 

@obedo If you don't like someone's advice please ignore the answer and move to next one, we are users here helping each other. You may a solution for my problem and I may have one for you, so please be professional. 

Speaking about the issue, do not waste time with afterburner reg hacks. Machine is strong enough for browsing and video steaming. Tell us more about the specs. RAM, SSD type 

Open SupportAssist > I want to troubleshoot my PC >> Scan a specific piece of hardware 

1 Processor : Run stress test . You may use CoreTemp to check the tempratures while stress test is running (70-85 degree is acceptable) 

2. Follow above steps for GPU again and check temperatures again 

Removing heatsink and cleaning processor and GPU Chip with Alcohol and reapplying good thermal paste helps a lot. Thermal paste applies by Dell factory is worse than toothpaste. 

Ran a speed test on your SSD (I am assuming you have NVME SSD) you may use Crystaldiskmark for the test. Anything below 2000 is unacceptable. 

If temperatures are normal . Remove all third party overclocking utilities like afterburner or anything which can interfere with GPU.

Clean Uninstall your GPU drivers using DDU (in safe mode) and reinstall Dell drivers. 

Still no go. So an OS reinstall. I am aware that you have done RESET (keep my files) but it only puts stock image back 

Do a clean install using a flash drive and latest Microsoft image found here

No Events found!