LilBiscuits
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15 gaming 7577 framerate drop and sound distortion

I have an Inspiron 7577(Core i7-7700 @ 2.8Ghz quad core), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 Max-Q, 16GB RAM. I run an HDMI cable to an ASUS TUF gaming VG27Q 27inch (1920x1080, 165Hz) monitor.

About 2 months ago I noticed significant FPS drop and sound distortion(teamspeak and game sounds) after about 15-20 minutes of gaming. This has happened in Sea of Thieves, Elite Dangerous, and Call of Duty: Warzone.

I have done a clean install of windows and updated all drivers but the issue remains. Has anyone else had this problem? I did some research online and have seen it has been common but have not been able to find an actual solution to the problem. Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ejn63
7 Gold

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 gaming 7577 framerate drop and sound distortion

If the system has never been internally cleaned out, there's likely a layer of dust inside that's insulating the heatsink and preventing it from doing its job.  While you're in there, you may want to clean out the old thermal paste and apply fresh thermal compound to the CPU and GPU.

0 Kudos
LilBiscuits
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 15 gaming 7577 framerate drop and sound distortion

Know of any guides to help with that?  I have done that on a tower PC but never a laptop.

0 Kudos