Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Q

5 Posts

February 13th, 2019 12:00

Dell Inspiron 15 stuck on Dell logo screen for 10 minutes

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000. I am very happy with the computer. It's fast and responsive. I have only one issue. If I restart the computer it takes about 10-12 minutes to get into the login screen. It is stuck in the Dell screen and the rotating circle. It comes out of hibernation pretty fast. The only issue is after a restart or shutdown. 

I remember it happened after I changed some driver booting thing from the special menu. (I forget how it is called - this was a year ago). I did it so I could install a motorolla driver. I did reverse the procedure back then but the booting issue remains. Is there any way to reset those special booting options?

Thank you in advance

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 13th, 2019 12:00

Thank you for your message.

Did you make any changes to the BIOS?

Restart the computer & tap F2 to get into the BIOS screen, set BIOS to defaults, save & exit. Check the BIOS version installed.

Do you have any external device connected to the system like a hard drive, dock or a printer?

If the issue persists open task manager – click on startup tab & check the Last BIOS time on the upper right corner.

5 Posts

February 13th, 2019 13:00

Hi,

We have communicated a year ago about another issue. You helped me when I first the bought the computer (Coco45 was my username). I had some power issue problems (computer was rebooting randomly) so we changed some power options together through the BIOS. Now the battery never fills more than 86%. The computer is stable with no other problems and the only problem is the prolonged booting screen.  The latest BIOS update is installed. 

The only other device that I have connected is my HDMI (TV screen).

Bios time is 8.8 seconds. 

The  hardware system is ok. 

I think it has to do either with the BIOS or the advanced boot options settings.

(I don't have access to my Coco45 account to respond from there. )

Thank you once again,

Kyriacos

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 15th, 2019 11:00

What is the exact system model in question here?

The boot time seems to be fine. Please restart the computer & tap F2 to get into BIOS, click on the advanced tab – battery charge configuration – change from Adaptive to standard or from standard to custom- change to 100 %.

5 Posts

February 15th, 2019 11:00

The Model is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming The battery issue was last year when it was taken off the power supply. It was going to sleep and then wasn't waking up. So we adjusted from the BIOS the battery setting so it wouldn't charge above 86%. That did the trick. The issue now is that when I restart the computer on the DELL and rotating wheel screen takes 10 minutes (more or less) to load. Since yesterday I tried literally everything, even resetting the computer to factory settings and the BIOS to defaults. I also noticed that sometimes when i choose shut down and then open the computer, it loads normally. Any ideas what might be causing it?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 15th, 2019 13:00

There are multiple models in the 7000 series.

Please create a new local admin account by following this link & check if the system is still slow.

5 Posts

February 15th, 2019 22:00

System Model Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.8.1, 15-Aug-18
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I created a new admin account. Restarted and still the same problem.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2020 18:00

Did you find any solutions 

same here with me 

also I have another problem 

fans keep working after shutdown 

and drain the battery 

No Events found!