Inspiron

3 Silver

Dell Inspiron 1545 and OpenGL 2.0?

Hey,

I am the proud owner of a Dell Inspiron 1545. Bad news, I just loaded up Floating Sandbox, and it says this:

"Maritime Disaster"

"Error during initialization of game controller: We are sorry, but this game requires at least OpenGL 2.0, while the version currently supported by your graphics driver is 1.1. Check whether a more recent driver is available for your system."

System Version:

Windows 8.1 Build 9600

Game Version:

Floating Sandbox 1.16.4.1

Can I install OpenGL 2.0 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545)?

Thank you!

Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions

Please do not share service tag on public forum 

Machine has Intel GMA 4500

It’s a GL 2.1 GPU, so theoretically it should work.

Model was released over 15 years .

You will have to do a lot digging online to find a compatible driver though

I found this 13 year old Article on Intel Forum which may help. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Developing-Games-Graphics-on/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-...

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
3 Silver

Welp, I’ve found the drivers, and it’s working charms. I forgot to reply to this topic XD. It’s fixed now, so yay! Though, I had to downgrade to Windows 7 to get the appropriate drivers. 

View solution in original post

Replies (9)
3 Silver

If you need service tag/serial number (as cmd likes to call it) then tag is 

Spoiler
<Service Tag removed>

Please do not share service tag on public forum 

Machine has Intel GMA 4500

It’s a GL 2.1 GPU, so theoretically it should work.

Model was released over 15 years .

You will have to do a lot digging online to find a compatible driver though

I found this 13 year old Article on Intel Forum which may help. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Developing-Games-Graphics-on/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-...

3 Silver

For now I have not found any drivers. (Actually I found one but it was a trojan hub.) I looked all over the post. NONE of the links had found a working install OR were saved in the Internet Archive. Luckily I now know the EXACT MODEL of the GPU. I am looking for the driver in the deep web. Or maybe it's just hiding in plain sight... Whatever, if I don't find it I might contact Dell Support. But you got me started on that, thank you very much!

Make a post on Intel Community Forum 

Moderators must have a Driver 

I haven't made an account yet, but I am making one currently. I will post on the Intel community forums for OpenGL 2.0 drivers once I've made the account. Thanks for the post.

Cheers 

Please do update this post 

It may help someone in need. 

Sadly the thread randomly closed (https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-GMA-4500-drivers-needed/m-p/1305938#M99937) so I can't reply to it anymore. I will make a new thread though.

Also

TinGamerTV_0-1629286260666.png

3 Silver

Welp, I’ve found the drivers, and it’s working charms. I forgot to reply to this topic XD. It’s fixed now, so yay! Though, I had to downgrade to Windows 7 to get the appropriate drivers. 

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions