Highlighted
Steffberto
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 17 7000 Turns on and then off again

Jump to solution

Hey, 

when I press the power button of the Inspiron 17 7000 it turns on, the lights of the keyboard turn on and then it turns off again. It turns on by itself again and turns off again. It keeps doing that till I hit the power Button to turn it off. 

What can I do? TIA

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell Inspiron 17 7000 Turns on and then off again

Jump to solution

Unfortunately in order to reset the system, the battery must be disconnected and yes that involves removing the back case to access the inside of the computer. If you are not comfortable doing that perhaps a local PC shop can take care of that for you. If the CMOS battery or RAM is the culprit then that involves opening up the system as well. If the system is under warranty then you can call Dell tech support for your region and they can help.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
4 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Could you please post the exact model of your computer? The 7000 is a series but the model number should be something like 7778.

Are you hearing any beeps or see any flashing lights in a sequence? It could be bad RAM, CMOS battery problem, motherboard issue, etc.

But try a reset just in case. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Now press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Then reconnect everything and try to boot the system again.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
Steffberto
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hey, 

thanks for your comment. The Model Number is: 7786. 

There is no lights or beeping sounds so far :/ 

I tried to start it with and without a charger. I also pressed the power button for a longer period of time didnt change anything. 

I cant remove the battery since its a closed case :/ 

0 Kudos
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Unfortunately in order to reset the system, the battery must be disconnected and yes that involves removing the back case to access the inside of the computer. If you are not comfortable doing that perhaps a local PC shop can take care of that for you. If the CMOS battery or RAM is the culprit then that involves opening up the system as well. If the system is under warranty then you can call Dell tech support for your region and they can help.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
unBIOSed
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Just before it started to behave that way, did Dell push a BIOS update to your Inspiron 7786? I had a similar symptom, and ended up reinstalling Windows. 

0 Kudos