Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

February 22nd, 2019 09:00

Inspiron 17 7779 Battery

Hey there;

After I've bought my Dell Inspiron 17 7779 2-in-1 Laptop in December 2016, my battery life (Type 33YDH, 56Wh, 3500mAh) has reached its end... 

Neither the Dell Power Manager, nor the Dell Website are offering any recomendation for an replacement and even the whole Internet is just offering a couple of highly questionable traders for this type....

Is there any compatible Dell Akku I could use as an propper replacement? It would be pretty disappointing if such a huge company as Dell would simply let down it's customers after 2 years...

Thanks for any help!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2019 10:00

I have a Samsung battery on my system.  I notice I have a utility Dell Power Manager lite and it has a link to order a new battery, which I haven't tried.

Just a note, make sure the power connector is fully inserted.  Having even a small part of the barrel showing can cause connection problems.

Did you run a Battery Report for that battery?  I got my system about the same time you did but I use it very little.

March 4th, 2019 21:00

I waited for two years without success for Dell to supply such a battery. I called Dell, emailed Dell, chatted with Dell but to no avail. I did not want to buy online from unknown / dodgy dealers & I did not particularly want to buy a copycat battery because it might only last a short time.

Fortunately, Amazon UK started selling a genuine Dell 33YDH last November. I bought one and it seems to be the real thing so I am pleased. www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-Latitude-Primary-Battery-Black/dp/B07KSD4NZ6

The seller was [unknown Marketplace seller] 'Gemstar' but it was a fulfilled-by-Amazon sale so I could be confident that I would not be fobbed off with rubbish yet have no means of resolving matters.

If you are not in the UK then your local Amazon site might also have started selling these.  I could not find an equivalent entry in amazon.com though.  International postage for buying directly from Amazon UK might be quite nasty.

Best of luck, Denis

January 6th, 2020 14:00

{Accidental additional reply.  I've left it in because I added some info to it that was not in my initial reply.}

I do not know which country you are in; my links are for Amazon UK.

I was not able to find any other Dell reference to any equivalent battery type despite wasting six months of my life calling & emailing them. 

I was finally able to buy a genuine Dell battery from a reliable source after two years searching - sold by Gemstar, fulfilled by Amazon.  Since Dell did not regard users as important enough to deserve a new battery, I looked to find one that was either sold by or fulfilled by Amazon so that I could be confident there would be somebody to hold to account if it proved to be a dud.

The general link is Inspiron ... 7779 ... 56Wh 4-Cell Battery ... 33YDH but, since all I know is that the seller Gemstar provides a genuine Dell battery, here is a link directly to that Amazon Marketplace seller's version of the product page Inspiron ... 7779 ... 56Wh 4-Cell Battery ... 33YDH [sold by Gemstar, fulffiled by Amazon]   The other sellers might be alright for all I know but, equally, they might not.

My sold by Gemstar, fulfilled by Amazon battery is genuine and is of good quality.  It was identified as a genuine Dell battery both by the Dell PowerLite utility and by its responses to the Windows command

PowerCfg -energy -duration 0 -output EnergyReport.html {run in a Cmd window after changing to a convenient folder so that the output file is dumped there}

This battery also has all the correct screwing-in points.  I have seen several Amazon user reports about 'equivalent' third-party batteries not matching them all so this reinforces my belief that it is genuine.

The battery is still going strong after its first year's {light} use.  I have been using external powerpacks as sacrificial items so I wear them out instead of the battery itself.

Denis

28 Posts

January 17th, 2020 01:00

You can also find it this website.

Dell Inspiron 17 7779 Battery

Dell Type 33YDH

April 15th, 2020 12:00

Those batteries are not Dell ones but unbranded ones and hence of unknown quality. More significantly - - The battery seller does not identify itself in its About page or its Contact page. - Its product pages contain lapses in the use of English. - The About page contains a very dubious claim about links with manufacturers and their quality standards. So I would not buy from them because they might well be con-artists or fly-by-nights. Denis
No Events found!