Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5490 Hinge / Bezel Issue

I got an Inspiron 5490 2 months ago and I am having an issue with the hinge and bezel. When I lift it up, the part of the bezel near the hinge is peeling off and opening up on the side. My device has never been dropped nor bumped. It just sits on the table most of the time. It cannot be normal wear and tear because I've only been using it for 2 months. Now I open it really slowly while holding firm that part of the bottom bezel so it doesn't peel off too much. I can't bring it to the retailer yet because we're under quarantine and their customer support is not helpful at all.

I wanna know if anyone else is having the same issue and if this is a known problem. Not the quality I'm expecting for a laptop more than US$1,000 here in my country.

20200428_155636.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 5490 Hinge / Bezel Issue

TL/DR: If you're not satisfied with the service of the customer support, you're stuck with an inefficient rep. So just try again.

UPDATE: Dell supported me by email after I posted the above and they said that this is a damage caused on my end based on the single photo that I posted. I offered to send them videos so they can assess further and see that the laptop does not have any dent or scratch to demonstrate that this is not a damage I caused. But the rep was not having any of it and said I should ask for a repair quotation. They said that top-level techs already looked at the ONE photo and determined it's my fault.

After that, I called the Dell premium support hotline and they asked me to send them photos and videos and after that one interaction I got scheduled for a repair. They went to my house to replace the entire lid. Without any hassle.

Video of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4LX2gUK4Efki6SJCA

Repair:

IMG_20200629_121402.jpg

0 Kudos