Hello, need help with troubleshooting my laptop issue. I did take the machine to local PC repair shop as per tech issue with mother board and suggests replacing it. A whooping $600 cost. No thanks. Not sure I would trust the diag, so want to self diagnose before taking next action.
1. I have replaced the battery with OEM battery
2. I have replaced the dc connector
Initially machine worked but never used it for good 6+ months till now and running into issue getting machine to boot.
Here are the symptoms
1. Power cord connected, pressing power button nothing happens. Blank screen and no dell logo.
2. After few attempts the LED indicator codes shows 1 white and 3 blinking amber. Based on google could be related to cmos battery. Should i give it a shot to get it replaced?
3. At times will press power button it will sound like it is booting but then dies, this cycle will go 2-3 times or sometimes non-stop till i remove power cord.
Any assistance would be appreciated.