Highlighted
ghicks18
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5555 Screen Flicker

I'm at wits end with this laptop. The screen flickers very often, mostly when any kind of activity is going on. Playing games just cannot happen, and as soon as I click on anything or try to play a YouTube video it flickers. I've updated drivers from Radeon directly and from Dell to no avail. I fear the graphics card is about to bite the dust. I'm really hoping that's not the issue, but there's really nothing else I can think of doing. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.8GHz - Max Speed 3.2GHz
12GB RAM

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell Inspiron 5555 Screen Flicker

Hi ghicks18,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

What Operating System are you using?

Have you tried running system diagnostics yet?  Please run Dell SupportAssist or try pressing F12 at startup and run the systems diagnostics.  Make a note of any error messages and post back.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information and your computer's service tag number. Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
ghicks18
1 Copper

PM sent

0 Kudos
twicee212
1 Copper

Hello,

I am having issues where the screen starts flickering when I have the power cord in and select the start menu and etc. I have updated the BIOS and replace the motherboard, also install the drivers for the graphic card. Is there any solutions to the problem?

0 Kudos
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

I see that the motherboard was replaced which also means the CPU and BIOS which, I believe, are non removable on the laptop motherboard. That would lead me to believe that it is not a hardware issue. And the drivers are the latest from Dell? You say that when you plug in the ac adapter the flickering starts. Does the flickering go away if you are running strictly on battery and no adapter?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
h1ckeyph0rce
1 Copper

Hi, the issue seems to be something related to an energy saver option. Just go to AMD Catalyst/Energy/PowerPlay and deactivate Vari-Bright. Greets! 

0 Kudos
Lazy0407
1 Copper

I have the same problem and build. Do you now know the fix?

0 Kudos