Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 21st, 2018 14:00

Dell Inspiron 5570 Display

Hei,

I have just bought a Dell Inspiron 5570 and I am very dissapointed by the quality of the display. It is Full HD and the image quality is worse than the one from my old laptop that is just HD.  Do you have any similar experience with this model or do you have any recommendations for improving the quality of this display?

Thank you!

Diana

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

March 21st, 2018 15:00

It depends on your impression most of all.  There are reviews out there that mention poor viewing angles - which is something that low-end TN panels (which is what this is) tend to suffer from.

If you're not happy with the display panel, the best thing to do is return the system and order a higher-end model - the 7577 is the next step up and offers an IPS panel, which will be quite a bit nicer.  

Yes, the system will cost more, but part of the reason the 5570 costs less is the lower quality components that go into it.

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2018 17:00

Hey i bought 5570 too a month ago. Are you talking about that grainy/ greasy layer look on the screen ? Coz i got that too

1 Message

November 21st, 2018 14:00

I also have this issue and it's very upsetting. Not what I was expecting from a ~$750 laptop made by what I thought was the top manufacturer. I also have a 6 year old entry level HP laptop which cost under $200 and its display looks better. I think it also has a slightly better viewing angle than the Dell's. I wasn't expecting IPS, but still... I'll try to upload a screenshot so you can see what I mean. The background, which should be white, is a grainy newspaper gray. I mention that all my drivers are updated, as is Windows, and I ran a Diagnostics test which came up with nothing. Clearly this is just the normal quality of these Dell displays... I'm going to return my laptop unfortunately, I like everything else about it, but I can't live with this depressing display. Are displays from other manufacturers (HP,Asus,Lenovo) in this price range (under $800 for 15",i7,8gb,1tb+128gb ssd) better? Would you recommend any in particular? Thank you.

Clipboard01

January 23rd, 2019 09:00

I am having the same problem with display, it has worst viewing angle and looking very cheap. In the cos app of ruppes 60,000 expectation does not match

1 Message

May 20th, 2019 22:00

you have to change a graphics setting, increase a saturation level

July 19th, 2019 10:00

I purchased a refurbished one from newegg.com and that was the first thing I noticed. Perhaps it's the "anti-glare" screen? My 8 yr old Dell is much better! This looks opaque and lacks vibrancy of even my cheaper Chromebook. I'l checking with Dell Support.

• 

16.7K Posts

July 22nd, 2019 04:00

Jose-Dell PC,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

July 24th, 2019 06:00

Dell support upgraded my display drivers and it made a big difference. Enough for me to keep the PC as I was about to return it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 24th, 2019 08:00

Hello Jesse. 2 days ago I bought a brand new 5570 and got that terrible grainy/ greasy layer look on the screen as well. My 9 years HP monitor looks 10 times better and I''m very dissapointed. Support Assist software offers support only trough the phone, so You are my only hope. Otherwise I will have to bring this laptop back. Could You kindly help me with the drivers, just like You helped "Jose-Dell PC", to make that image look better? My service tag is .

9.4K Posts

July 24th, 2019 10:00

Hi RandomBuyer,

Thanks for posting and for sending your service tag number.  I've responded to your Private Message and will continue working with you there.  

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 24th, 2019 12:00

Thanks. I did all what you said, but nothing has changed. I think there is no way to fix it, as when I scroll down, on a white screen I can clearly see that the content goes down, but the "grease", or "the dust", don't know how to call it, remains at same place. So it must be a display front end material. There's nothing to do here - just a product with a crappy display. So sad. Had such a good opinion about DELL. 

October 19th, 2019 16:00

Hi Mr. Robert,

I am suffering from the same problem, do you mind helping me to resolve it?

1 Message

October 27th, 2019 13:00

Me too.i have dell inspiron 5570 and i have the same problem

Its my first labtop for me . It make me verry sorry to pay it so i dont advise any one to pay any thing have the dell name

No Events found!