Highlighted
jrquincy
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5570: Possible USB Driver issue?

Hello guys!

Quick context: so I'm a DJ, and I have been using my Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop to DJ since February.

I've been having this issue where about every 10 minutes or so, the software that I use freezes because it seems to lose connection with my laptop. I've tried reinstalling the drivers for my DJ controller (in case you're interested it is a DDJ-SR2) from the manufacturer's website (Pioneer DJ) multiple times and it still didn't work. Could this be a possible USB driver issue? I tried using the controller on a different laptop and they work fine, but mine doesn't. Could it be an issue within WIndows or the laptop itself? Would gladly appreciate any help that comes my way. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: Dell Inspiron 5570: Possible USB Driver issue?

This sounds to me like a windows problem with your Pioneer software, they upgrade from 1809 to 1903 has caused a few issues and this could be the problem. You would work with  Pioneer for a upgraded driver.

I'm sure you have tried all the different ports on your notebook?

Also, you could try a quality USB Powered Hub, It's possible your not continuously supplying enough power to your USB ports I use an Atolla USB 3.0 7 port works great for me

Inspiron 13 7000 Series 2-in-1 -7386
16GB RAM
Samxung 970 Evo 1TB SSD 2nd SSD 512 GB Hynix
Kit-Dell Dock WD15,US,130W,1.1C,MDP
Windows 10 Pro
0 Kudos