Highlighted
snaker
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5570 Temperature

I recently bought a dell inspiron 5570 and have noticed it getting unusual high temperatures ranging from 40 degrees Celsius all the way to 90 degrees Celsius , and am getting concerned, I'm mainly wondering what the temperature should be and if mine is high, and if so what I could do to lower it?

7 Replies
mickky
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron 5570 Temperature

same dis side...Did you got any suggestion or help or how u resolved it?

That-Dell-Guy
1 Copper

I'm noticing the same this.  Seems like it was fine until I upgraded the BIOS to 1.1.3 a few weeks ago.  Either of you notice the same thing?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue? Has there been any recent software or hardware changes?

What is the version of BIOS installed? Are you checking the temperature in BIOS?

Does the system heat up & shutdown?

Run a hardware diagnostic by following this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error listed.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Tramdude
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem with my new 5570.

It regularly hits 93 deg when checking emails or facebook and the Glary utilities overheat warning pops up on screen. It slows down dramatically when this happens.

It updated the bios automatically to rev 1.13 immediately after initial setup out of the box.

I have run Dell diagnostics and it finds no problem.

Not good for a $1599 laptop!

quevon24
1 Nickel

We need to push them to fix the problem, because it really overheats, and for the price we deserve better.

asms
1 Copper

disable turbo boost feature in system bios this solved the problem for me now temp  45 c & 85 c on stress.

0 Kudos

I wonder, any of this happening when using Chrome browser? I have noticed even with my core i5 low powered CPU that sometimes running Chrome with certain web sites spikes CPU demand big time. Haven't really looked at it closely, but my fan ramps up like immediately when I get on a web site that spikes. Not happening with other browsers so I am assuming its a Chrome issue, or something with latest Windows 10 updates? 

0 Kudos