September 14th, 2018 11:00

Dell Inspiron 5570 heat problem

Hi.I bought a dell inspiron 5570 laptop at 11/9/2018.The laptop has

intel i7 8550U 1,8-4 GhZ

4bg ATI RADEON 530

8GB RAM

128GB SSD and 2 TB HDD

WIN 10 64BIT

When I lock the frequency of the processor at 1.8 ghz the temperature is 44-45 degrees celcius at idle

When I enable the turbo mode and the processor runs at 4ghz at idle the temperature is 55 degrees.

When I tried to run a game the processor runs at 75% and the core #0 reaches 97-98 degrees.The other cores are at 80-85 degrees.The core #0 start throttling over 90 degrees to protect itself from the heat.

I think that is is too hot even at idle.The laptop is new and it hasn't dust.I have the laptop at the table so it has a good airflow.At idle the fan is working but I cant listen it.At 95 degrees the fan making so noise.I cant understand what is the problem.

Thanks for the response

151 Posts

September 15th, 2018 01:00

Welcome to the club of heating Inspirons :Crying:

Over-Heating-and-Noisy-Fan-Inspiron-5570

2 Posts

September 15th, 2018 08:00

I disabled the turbo mode but it isnt the solution.It is a spec of the laptop.It should run fine even at 4GHZ.The cooling system is really bad

1 Message

February 3rd, 2019 23:00

Dell basically made a joke out of this computer. Put a powerful CPU only to limit it by an extremely poor thermal solution. It's only a 15W TDP CPU... I installed ubuntu on mine and within 4s from a cold bootup, the OS is already reporting that the BIOS is thermally throttling the CPU and that's even before the OS is finished loading. Have to treat this Dell as a 1.8GHz Max CPU.

1 Message

February 25th, 2019 01:00

I am also having heat problems with my Dell Inspiron 5570. It gets too hot in 15 minutes that i can't touch even the keyboard comfortably.

June 11th, 2019 18:00

I don't have the same Inspiron model as you, but my experience may be helpful. I am posting this on every "why is my Dell laptop so hot" thread I can find in hopes that more folks will see it.

From the time I bought this Inspiron 13 7000 brand-new in January of 2019, the built-in keyboard has gotten hot enough, especially on the left side of the keyboard, to make typing uncomfortable. Since I make my living as a medical transcriptionist, this is not a good thing. I use it with a laptop pad with a USB-powered fan, and even that was not of enough help to cool down the keyboard.

I followed all the suggestions I could find on multiple online searches, including updating the BIOS as well as making sure all the Dell updates had been downloaded and installed. Still too hot. I even went so far as to remove the back of the laptop to check and see the condition of the fan. (It was fine. No dust.)

And then I happened upon a suggestion to disable the Intel Turbo Boost Max technology in the BIOS. This is enabled by default and, if I understand it correctly, basically overclocks the CPU, which makes it run hotter. I had earlier downloaded and run a program called Open Hardware Monitor which told me my CPU core temperatures were running in the high 60s to low 70s degrees Celsius.

So I rebooted the computer, hit F12 on restart to get into setup, and found my way to the Turbo Boost. On my system, it is found under "Performance." (Your mileage may vary.) I unchecked the box to disable it, saved the changes, and finished booting up the computer.

And now the keyboard is no longer burning my fingers, and the CPU temperatures are running in the high 40s to low 50s. And I can put my hand on the bottom of the computer without it hurting.

1 Message

April 13th, 2021 23:00

this is exactly what happened to mine as well. it was new so dust wasn't the issue and so as thermal paste. curious really about why this happens.

No Events found!