Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 13th, 2019 07:00

Dell Inspiron 5575 RAM and HDD Compatibility

I have my Dell Inspiron 5575 for several months now and I'm planning to upgrade the RAM, HDD and also adding NVMe later. I understand what is stated in the manual for the recommended compatibility but somehow I doubt if there's any alternative or compatible other than what is recommended, just like QVL. Well, here's I'd like to seek some help:

RAM - can I use a DDR4-2666MHz 16-32Gb? (Recommended by Crucial but not by Kingston)

HDD - can I use more than 2TB 7200rpm SSHD? (e.g. 4TB 7200rpm)

I'm just curious but I won't upgrade this all at once but maybe one by one.

I'd like to know what's your thoughts on this.

591 Posts

February 13th, 2019 10:00

Hello,

Ram:

Your system supports dual channel DDR4 maximum 32GB at clockspeed 2400 mhz so no you can't use clockspeed 2666 mhz that said 16GB is more then enough ram unless you do some heavy tasks like video editing for example.

HDD:

The limit indicated just means Dell did not test larger drives so yes you can however if you run into problems due to this i doubt Dell will respect your warranty (should you still be inder warranty).The thing about warranty are just my thoughts i'm not sure about this.

SSD:

Same as hdd the limit means Dell did not test larger ssd's when possible choose NVMe as it gives you better performance then sata.

No Events found!