PCVeteran
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5576 not using RX 460/560? - Replacement?

So I've been trying desperately to make my laptop use my dedicated RX 460 GPU card, and for a year, had no luck, by now I'm about to just throw in the towel, call it quits, and ask for a replacement laptop, clearly this particular line of premium Dell Laptops are not going to let me play the games I want to play without jumping through hurdles. I've attempted using older drivers, the BIOS update to 1.0.7, lowering the graphical fidelity of the games I played just so they'd get a decent FPS, and even wiping my HDD clean, no luck, it's not been a very fun or enjoyable experience, and is not what I paid top dollar for.

My model: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-10-Radeon-Windows-i5576-A298BLK-PUS/dp/B06XDY3T7T/ref=olp_product_detail...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
7- Thorium

Re: Dell Inspiron 5576 not using RX 460/560? - Replacement?

I have a similar Inspiron 15 5577 gaming laptop.

Mine has Intel CPU video and NVIDIA Video.  If I disable the Intel video it will force it to use NVIDA.  Its supposed to use NVIDIA for gaming but I don't use mine for gaming, I use it for my recording studio so I don't know if it will automatically switch.  I've disabled the Intel CPU video one time only to try it as NVIDIA does not work well with audio apps.

Yours, according to Dell specs has AMD Integrated R5/R7 graphics and separate AMD RX570 graphics.  Try disabling the Integrated graphics and see if it forces it to use the RX560.  This doesn't "fix" the automatic switch problem but may be a workaround for you.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos