Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5577

I have a Dell 5577 "Gaming" laptop. The computer over heats and shuts off randomly while playing graphic intense games. It has a GTX 1050 and an i7 7700. I have run all of the tests that dell customer support has asked me to run and they have assured me the problem is software, which its not. After sending the device in to the repair center, they changed out the motherboard on the computer and sent it back. Its still having the same problem, but worse. After downloading a HW monitor, the CPU temperature sits at 100˚C while playing video games and within 20 minutes it just shuts off on me. i play on a flat hard surface to assure the best cooling possible. Customer support has gone as far as to tell me that the computer wasn't designed for gaming, even though it has gaming in the title. Once i mentioned that it had gaming in the title he told me the computer was designed for the games that come with the computer (sweet, i need a GTX1050 to run solitare). To me it sounds like a bunch of run arounds from their customer service. Does anyone know where I could actually get through to somebody worth talking too?

2 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 5577

I'm having the same issue with my Dell 5577 (GTX 1050, i7 7700). The laptop will randomly shut off while playing games and the charger plugged in. I noticed it happens every time I play Sea of Thieves which is not graphically intensive. When I start the laptop back up I get a CMOS Checksum Bad Error with orange light blinking three times and the white light blinking once. I ran the diagnostic test and everything passed. I called Dell and they gave me a run around telling me its a software issue and asked me to pay a service fee  to talk to someone in software warranty division as it's not covered under the basic warranty. I'm also unsure what other steps I need to take to get through to someone that is willing to help.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Bro did you solve your shutting down problems ? Re: Dell Inspiron 5577

0 Kudos