Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:03

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 17th, 2018 20:00

Thank you for your message. We will be glad to assist you on this.

Please make sure that the right sound device is enabled under Sound in control panel.

Restart the computer- Tap F12 – choose diagnostics – run test – check the quick audio test as per the image below & see if you hear any audio from the system speakers. This will confirm if this is a hardware or driver issue.

ePSA Main Screen .jpg-550x0 - Copy.jpg

Open device manager – expand Sound & video – Right-click on the audio driver & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) restart the computer. This will refresh the driver.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

4 Posts

January 18th, 2018 05:00

Tried this fix.  drivers try to install and fail every time.

Tried installing legacy drivers.  System says I cannot install them.

Tried using diagnostics and externally downloaded drivers.  The drivers start to install and then fail.

Completely lost for options here.

April 14th, 2018 09:00

I had the same problem. I updated the BIOS for v1.19.1 and solved it.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/br/pt/brbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=KYT2X

1 Message

July 26th, 2018 21:00

I just had the same issue, and the problem is solved after I updated the BIOS.

Thanks for sharing the info.

1 Message

January 16th, 2019 10:00

I had the same issue with the sound "drivers" after the first BIOS Upgrade (1.21)

I made a downgrade till 1.19 then restart upgrade to the latest version 1.21

Since the first downgrade the sound comes back and never stop after the newest versions.

I suppose that the first BIOS automatic upgrade made a demage of something.

No Events found!