Highlighted
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 7472 Does Not Resume From Sleep

I bought a Dell Inspiron 7472 four months ago. However, three months in, I noticed a problem. Whenever my computer goes to sleep after 10 minutes, I cannot wake it up. The screen goes black but the keyboard remains lit.

How do I fix this problem? I have tried everything from this link up to step 6:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/lc/en/lcdhs1/sln122264/troubleshooting-steps-for-computers-that...

My BIOS is updated to the latest version too. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
3 Silver

Re: Dell Inspiron 7472 Does Not Resume From Sleep

Hello, I suggest you try to click the small power icon in the lower right corner of the desktop, right click - power option - select high performance, click to change the plan settings - turn off the monitor and use the computer to go to sleep state to change to never, save the changes , then choose to change more power settings, then click the power button and lid, expand the lid operation, use the battery and use the power supply, choose not to take any action, then confirm the computer and then restart the computer test to see if the problem is solved

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Palu,

Wouldn't your solution just enable my computer to never go to sleep? I want my computer to go to sleep sometimes to save battery. I just don't want it to crash!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I also have the same problem. I did everything to solve this problem including ** cleaning the air vents ** changing the thermal paste ** Switching to different OS (ubuntu, mint etc) ** updating the BIOS (and downgrading) ** Disabling USB/camera/mic.speaker from BIOS But I could not solve this problem. I also called Dell support but they said that I don't have a warranty and have to pay the technician to try to solve this problem. From my observation, this is not the problem of the operating system. Instead, I think it is some hardware/hardware programming problem. I upgraded and downgraded to various BIOS versions as well. Hope dell will solve this problem soon. I am already regretting that I purchased DELL laptop.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

We have been having the same problem with our Inspiron 7472 and I have tried the same solutions that the other posters have tried. I now also really regret buying this computer. It is my daughter's school laptop (she's 12 yrs old) and she is very frustrated when she is in class and her computer won't start. Dell, please fix this problem or recall the computers!
0 Kudos