elenidnd
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 7570 - beeping sound

Hello,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron about 3 months ago. I have been using it for a view hours daily, mostly for watching videos. Since the beginning it keeps making a very quiet(yet very annoying) beeping sound every few minutes. 
I have run the diagnostics several times, and it appears that everything tested by the diagnostics is fine. Yet the sound continues. I haven't managed to count the exact times since the noise is very subtle, but it is around 13 beeps every time. 
There is also a screen freeze every now and then. In most cases it happens when I am running Adobe Illustrator. (which I know is a demanding program, but I believe that a laptop of that value should deal with such programs just fine..)

I have searched for driver updates and run all diagnostics suggested.Is there something else I can try before I send it for a service?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Dell Inspiron 7570 - beeping sound

@elenidndwrote:

Hello,

I purchased a Dell Inspiron about 3 months ago. I have been using it for a view hours daily, mostly for watching videos. Since the beginning it keeps making a very quiet(yet very annoying) beeping sound every few minutes. 
I have run the diagnostics several times, and it appears that everything tested by the diagnostics is fine. Yet the sound continues. I haven't managed to count the exact times since the noise is very subtle, but it is around 13 beeps every time. 
There is also a screen freeze every now and then. In most cases it happens when I am running Adobe Illustrator. (which I know is a demanding program, but I believe that a laptop of that value should deal with such programs just fine..)

I have searched for driver updates and run all diagnostics suggested.Is there something else I can try before I send it for a service?

I would not send it in for something like this.

You could get a worse off laptop in return. 

0 Kudos

Re: Dell Inspiron 7570 - beeping sound

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Do you hear these 13 in a series & does it happen irrespective of the application being used? Does it happen when you are turning on the system or just browsing?

What is the version of BIOS installed?

Restart the computer & tap F2 to get into BIOS, stay in the BIOS screen for some time & check if the beeps are heard.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos