Highlighted
TheNoob91
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 7577 Extremely slow boot times.

So I have some back story that might help solve this whole dilemma easily. I and 3 others own this exact same dell inspiron 7577 laptop and we all experienced boot times of only 5 seconds or so. I don't remember how, but one day I ended up having to do a windows reset on my laptop without preparation of backing my files up. All my stuff is stored on the HDD and not the SSD so I decided to just remove the HDD before doing the format. Once the format was done and windows began reinstalling, the boot time was just like normal. It booted to an empty desktop and then I turned it off and reinserted the hard drive. Hard drive still had all its files which was excellent. I don't know if this started immediately after inserting the hard drive, but if I remember correctly then this IS the case. Essentially boot times went through the roof and started taking about 1.5 minutes to 4 minutes to boot. I end up putting the laptop to sleep a lot because of school and having to walk between classes and if I don't happen to turn it back on for a while it boots as if it was shut off (while still reopening where it was before. Just adding the dell logo black screen and slow load time). I don't know how to get my boot times back, but I'm really frustrated having tried factory bios settings and things like that with no progress. Any ideas on what to do? My only theory is that the HDD being reinserted caused this but I'm not sure how to disable windows looking at for boot files or something like that.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Dell Inspiron 7577 Extremely slow boot times.

Have you tried removing the HDD and booting to see if the boot times come back to normal? When you start the system at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Choose Windows boot manager and see if the boot times are normal. Or if the SSD is listed try that as well as I suspect that some of the windows files are on the HDD. Also at F12 choose diagnostics and run full system diagnostics as there could be a problem with the HDD or SSD. Pay attention to the drive results.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
TheNoob91
1 Nickel

I will try this later tonight, but I did try something similar prior. I went to bios, system configurations, drives, and disabled the sata ports. Upon booting I was greeted by what I think is the Intel Rapid Storage software saying "No Hard Drive", then immediately shutting off the machine before windows loads. Boot partition is definitely on the SSD.

0 Kudos
TheNoob91
1 Nickel

After removing the hard drive it booted like it should. I see u suspect windows files on the HDD but unless there is some black magic involved this is physically impossible. The computer was reset and windows was reinstalled with the hard drive out of the system.

0 Kudos