johanfor82
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 7577 Sound Problem

Hi

It seems that all Dell Inspiron 7577 Gaming Laptops have the same sound problem. Every few seconds sound cracks and noise are heard during playback of music or videos.

I installed the latest updates. The same problems persists.

The retailer change my laptop and gave me another one. The same problem persists.

Even when I use headphones, I have the same problem.

There is one solution which I find very unfair. You need to uninstall the Realtek Driver and use the Microsoft Driver, but the sound is not as good as it should be.

When one buys a Gaming Laptop for over € 1,800, one expects the best.

Unfortunately Dell seems to have no solution for this hitch.

Any suggestions ? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Germanium

Re: Dell Inspiron 7577 Sound Problem

The suggestion to go back to the basic Windows driver will do two things.  First, it will test your system to see if the problem is related to the Realtek driver.  Second, it uninstalls any drivers placed on the system so you can do a fresh driver install to test.

If you remain online when you do this you may get another bad driver.

If you do have a good install of a driver and the problem continues, you can test using a USB or Bluetooth headset.  Hopefully, the problem will not happen with one of those.

If it continues, all I can suggest is you watch your system.  What is the processor doing in regards to speed and utilization.  Does it happen with just a certain type of music, such as from online.  Have you tried changing the music quality to see if that makes any difference and do you have another player you can use to play the music.

Several folks have had your problem on the 7577 and 7567 but as far as I know, none of them has reported a solution.  If it has happened on two systems, it may be you got a second bad system, but more likely the situation could happen on any of those systems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

What is the BIOS version installed?

Has there been any software changes like installing a new software, game, Anti-virus or Windows updates?

Does the crackling noise comeback when you install the Realtek driver back again?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

I had this issue and tried everything for two days straight. Try putting your laptop into aeroplane mode and see if the speakers work fine then.

Solution for me:

- Uninstall all SmartByte software

- Update Intel Graphics Driver

- Update Wireless + WiFi Drivers

- Update Bluetooth Drivers

No issues since.

Let me know how you get on,

Lewis

johanfor82
1 Nickel

Unfortunately I cannot switch off my Wifi, since I use Netflix and You Tube.

0 Kudos
LewisHeywood
1 Nickel

Of course not , that is not a solution, rather a way to identify if the issue you are having is the same as mine.

Did you try the steps I suggested ?
0 Kudos
Lixteris
1 Nickel

I had the same. Use only Windows provided drivers for the audio, they are the best. Install latest Intel HD drivers from the Intel site, not old ones from Dell. Delete all Dell software, all of that. It fixed my issues. If you want any more help, just tell - I can tell what driver versions you need to solve your problem.

johanfor82
1 Nickel

LewisHeywood

Hi thanks

Yes the problem persists. This is the second laptop (same model) which is giving me the same issue. When I pointed out this to my DELL retailer in MALTA, they couldn't come out with a solution. They gave me a new one but unfortunately is has the same defect.

0 Kudos
IAmSliptide
1 Copper

The first time I put it into flight mode to test, the DSP skips went away (using Propellerhead Reason, shows DSP activity on a small meter).  However, after removing SmartByte (application, but missed the "app" from Windows Store), the skips/pops were still present as well as during flight mode.

Removal of SmartByte app AND full application, along with update of wi-fi and bluetooth seem to have done it.

I'll be testing this extensively since I wanted this laptop for my studio use.

THANK YOU!!

0 Kudos
msncl
1 Copper

I really have the same problem. I called Dell and they sent me another one. Nothing changed the same crackling noise persists. This Laptop is a real piece of garbage and i'm really **bleep** at Dell. I wanted another model and they never accepted. The costumer service agent asked me to put my phone close to the speaker to ear the problem. A real joke. I will never buy stuff from them again.

0 Kudos