mihaiv95
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 realtek sound driver issue

Jump to solution
Hello, i have a problem with the sound of my dell. The sound driver creates some kind of lag for the entire system and distorts it too( like the issues discussed in the other threads). I've gone through every single topic about this issue and have tried the native sound driver possible fix ( that fixes the lag issue but the speakers make a pop sound randomly and I'm afraid it could damage the speakers ). Tried the latest realtek drivers from their site, that just made it worse. Tried uninstalling the dell assistance program and that didn't help either. Used DCP Latency Checker http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml and it stays on yellow about 1000 micro seconds constantly, rarely dropping to green. Is there anything else i can do or am I at the mercy of Dell to update their drivers?
32 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 realtek sound driver issue

Jump to solution

Hi mihaiv95,

Thanks for posting. 

Be sure you have the latest driver installed:  Realtek-Audio-ALC3246-Driver_JV2P8_WIN_6.0.1.8219_A01.EXE

According to the description it fixes the popping issues.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
mihaiv95
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@dell-robert p The popping issue happens only when i have the native windows hd audio drivers, it doesn't happen with the realtek drivers. As for the latest drivers, I have installed them yesterday when I received the laptop. Another issue that i found is that when i rapidly switch the volume from the taskbar it starts to lag really badly and the sound gets distorted aswell. It's a really beautiful and powerful machine and it hurts to see that its reputation is tainted by some really bad audio drivers.

0 Kudos
Lucassound
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi @dell-robert p

6.0.1.8219 is incredibly problematic. There is no UI for windows 10 to adjust balance and it currently cuts out all bass frequencies leaving the sound tinny and terrible.

I am a musician and I bought this machine for it's processing power for audio production, but it is completely useless to me if their are no suitable audio drivers.

I've seen this issue on a number of forums and there seems to be no fix.

Short of selling and moving to another brand, could you advise any way to fix this. It's a great laptop but how can audio be such an oversight?

Luke.

lolametro
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I have the problem that the power management of the audio is broken.

The audio card shuts down when there is no audio playing. When you then start a video/audio, the card first has to start again which takes time, so it freezes the video for a part of a second before it starts playing. Additionally, the sound is extremely loud in the first tenth of a second so you may break your ears if you are using headphones. It's really unbelievable.

I have fixed this by following the steps here: https://www.dell.com/community/General/Speakers-popping-on-Inspiron-15-7567/m-p/5155487/highlight/tr...

But this is just a temporary fix which may take up a bit more energy from your battery because the audio card will no longer shut down to save power.

0 Kudos
Lydia001
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi there

I'm so glad that there is someone with the exactly same problem! It happens to my new 15 7567 as well! With the Realtek audio driver, the speaker will make a pop sound every time I pause a video and comeback to it in about 20 seconds. After reading the topic in forum I did the same thing by switching to native driver, however that brings more problems. The speaker starts to make random pop noise with the native driver, even though I'm not playing any audio. This problem is really frustrating as I tried so many methods, spend so many hours on it, spoke to Dell tech support twice and I even have to do a factory reset. Its driving me nuts now!

5 mins ago I saw your post and tried the method @lolametro provided, thanks god it worked! At least for now. If you have the same problem I strongly recommend try this method! He mentioned that it will use up more battery but its not a issue for me as my laptop is mostly plugged in.

0 Kudos
Lydia001
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Although it worked for me. I'm still wondering why when change to native audio driver, the speaker makes a pop noise. In my case its only the left side speaker that makes popping noise

0 Kudos
avtella
2 Iron

Jump to solution
Have you tried uninstalling SmartByte, that can cause DPC latency issues and stream issues. I usually reinstall Windows whenever purchasing a new computer to be absolutely sure no bloatware is there. Hence mine is showing no DPC latency issues or Audio issues. Also you can try disabling the audio enhancements in SoundMaxx settings as well to see if that helps.

Jump to solution

I am also having the audio latency issues. I have tried the temporary fix to use the default Microsoft drivers but this is not a great long term solution. Is there anyone from Dell that can respond and let us know if there is an updated driver being worked on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lolametro
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I have found another possibility that may improve audio. Use the Realtek drivers from the Realtek website, not the ones from Dell.

1. Download the Realtek driver from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ (High Definition Audio Codecs, 64 bits) 
  2. Uninstall the old Dell-Realtek driver in the system settings and restart
  3. Open Windows "Device Manager" (right click on Windows logo in the bottom left)
    1. Go to "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"
    2. Search for a device called "Realtek" (or similar)
    3. If there is no "Realtek" device, skip these steps 4-6.
    4. If there is such a device, right click  on it and choose "Uninstall device"
    5. Tick the box "Delete the driver" and click on "OK" or "Uninstall"
    6. Don't restart yet!
  4. Install the downloaded Realtek driver.
  5. Restart now.

In case you still see "MaxxAudio" in the symbols of the taskbar in the bottom right, you should also remove them. Therefore end all processes calles MaxxAudio or similar in the task manager and then go to C:\Program Files\Waves. Either rename or completely delete this folder.

This will use the original driver which works way better in my opinion, it may still have some lag but there is no popping sound and less background hissing/noise for me. Maybe it will help you!

0 Kudos