mihaiv95
1 Nickel

Re: Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 realtek sound driver issue

Jump to solution

@lolametro I've tried the latest from their website, as i have stated in the OP. About keeping the sound card from turning off... How much does it take away from the battery life? Do you even notice the difference ?

0 Kudos
mihaiv95
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

@avtella I do not have SmartByte installed. If i disable the MaxxAudioPro I might as well just get the windows drivers because the audio loses all its loudness.

0 Kudos
lolametro
2 Iron

Jump to solution

@mihaiv95 I don't think it will make a big difference. Personally I haven't seen any significant change.

0 Kudos
Spud204
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am just posting to hopefully keep this discussion going and continue to make Dell aware a problem exists.  I have recently purchased the 7577 and been having the same audio issues described here.  I've tried most of the steps mentioned except for the power saving option, which I will try when I get home.  I've opened a ticket with Dell but all technical support provided was to reinstall and/or use the generic Windows drivers which does not correct the issues.

I've read on some other forums that this issue may be related to the Windows 10 Fall Creators update which seems to make sense as I did not notice the problem when I first got the laptop.  However, that has been over 2 months now and an official fix is still not forthcoming.  If the forum posts are accurate, it appears there is some finger pointing going on between Microsoft and vendors.  Regardless, Dell needs to fix this for their customers.

0 Kudos
Banano.
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Another laptop with audio issues here.

I'm very satisfied with this laptop, but sadly, this kind of things affects the use experience. I tried to solve issues doing what i read in this post, but nothing helps.

I was thinking of format and make a fresh install of W10, but i read somewhere that it doesn't work too.

Any progress? someone is working on it?

0 Kudos
DoctorRzepa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

There is no issue on different Windows (8.1, 7). Windows 10 is the culprit.

0 Kudos
Banano.
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Anyone can confirm that in a fresh installation of W10 the audio is still having these issues? Just curious... 

0 Kudos
incxbxs
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

how do you install win 8.1 really?

IntelHD drivers cannot be installed in proper way as well as intel thermal management.

0 Kudos
DoctorRzepa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I installed those drivers in improper way. HD630 driver for windows 8.1 exists in beta version. Manual editing .inf file allows to install newer drivers. Thermal management drivers from another dell notebook also work. There are no such words as "cannot be". You just need some good will (unlike Microsoft).

0 Kudos
mihaiv95
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Even the games freeze from this. In Fortnite i get constant freezes, sometimes they last for 5 seconds straight and I can tell that this is the cause cause the sound tearing is present at every freeze. C'mon guys , is it too much to ask for a small update for one of your latest devices ? Even if it is Microsoft's fault, you should care about your customers and figure this out...

0 Kudos