Highlighted
Mattmarv56
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 7586 2-in-1 Water Spill, No memory detected

Hi. I go to a uni and need help with my laptop that suffered a spill of water. I quickly turned it off and dried the keys with a paper towel and turned upside down for a few hours. Later, I attempted to turn it on and it will not boot. LED from the keys and the AC port light up but I get nothing on the screen. I kept trying restart it and occasionally on one of the tries, an orange and white light flash. From what I understand, this is code (2,3), meaning there is no memory or RAM detected. I can sometimes get to the BIOS. Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JOcean
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell Inspiron 7586 2-in-1 Water Spill, No memory detected

That blink code does indeed mean no RAM detected. After a spill on the system anything could be affected inside the laptop. Open the system up and have a look at the motherboard and RAM. Remove the RAM and make sure it does not look damaged. Also make sure that the RAM slots are dry and the contacts look clean without any water damage. But at worse it is possible that the RAM and/or the motherboard are damaged and will have to be replaced. Directions on removing the cover to access the RAM slots are here.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575 and Latitude E5430