Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

4 Posts

July 12th, 2019 11:00

Dell N7110 - blank screen at power on

I apologize for any redundancy but I didn't see any posts since 2018 and it also didn't appear like anything was resolved. The issue is a blank screen when trying to turn on the computer. The screen appears to have power but I can't really tell if any sort of boot process is going on in the background. Some of the time I can push power again and it turns right off, other times it seems to be trying to boot so I have to hold it down for a second. It can take several instances of power cycling before I finally get a "starting windows" prompt. After reading several older posts I have a theory this may have something to do with windows software updates within the past year because a year ago I had just replaced the original motherboard when I then shattered the screen and didn't get around to replacing it until now. After the replacement everything powered up, ran as expected, and passed all tests. Then I let Windows Update do its thing, loading everything I missed from August 2018 until now and that's when the issues started. Anyone else having this issue or seen anything from Dell to confirm or deny something got bugged in updates?

No Responses!
No Events found!