Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

15 Posts

June 30th, 2022 19:00

Dell OS Recovery wifi mode still! does not support spaces in wifi passwords

Hello. I reported this last year, I think around September (though not to forums). While it may seem like a small problem, it can be pretty big given all the wifi devices people have at home now. This happens with a variety of bios versions, on a variety of Dell laptops (probably all the ones that are recent enough to have the os recovery/download option). So far I have only seen it on Latitudes and Inspiron. 

So if you try to do a recovery, and connect to wifi in recovery mode - you simply cannot type in a space. I guess the short term solution is change your wifi password on your router to something without spaces, and then when done, change it back so all your devices that get blocked can hopefully reconnect after a reboot.  (Or go somewhere where you can use wifi that doesn't have spaces in the wifi network name ; ) 

Wasn't sure where to report this, but Dell forum response has always been excellent so figured I'd start here. 

thanks!

• 

25K Posts

July 1st, 2022 09:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

No Events found!