Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 13th, 2021 04:00

Dell OS recovery tool

i was doing dell os recovery but after downloading and veryfying the image the application os recovery tool stopped i want to use that os file to to make the bootable drive but i want to ask where i can find that file which was downloaded by dell os recovery tool

2 Posts

December 14th, 2021 09:00

I was downloading from Dell os recovery tool it downloaded completely and verified but after that it stopped

34 Posts

December 13th, 2021 12:00

Do you mean where the file was downloaded on to your pc? If so open the browser you used to download it and up in the top toolbar there should be a download button, it will be a small arrow pointing downward, click on it and you should see the file and the path to where it is. Or you could open file explorer and do a search of your pc if you know the file name or at least a good portion of it, start typing it into the search box and it should come up in the results window. Hope that helps. If not, sorry. Good luck. 

June 9th, 2022 09:00

I think this just downloads to memory (RAM), there's not really anywhere else for it to go. I've also been trying to restore my OS using this tool, and am finding the same (very frustrating) problem, which is especially annoying as l'm on a very slow rural network suffering from slothly download speeds!
I'm not sure why this post has been marked as solved, it's still very much a problem.

No Events found!