stardigan
1 Copper

Dell Security Manager Locked Me Out

My laptop has locked me out. I have it set up so it asks for the admin password before it boots, then a pin for Windows. It's saying the system password is wrong, although I know it isn't. This happened the other day and finally worked after hours of trying different things, none of which actually helped. It just randomly accepted the password. Any advice would be awesome. I'm beyond frustrated. I have a screenshot but I'm not sure how to share it. When I turn it on, I see the Dell logo and pressing F2 or F12 does nothing, it goes straight to a box saying "Dell Security Manager."
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
stardigan
1 Copper

Re: Dell Security Manager Locked Me Out

I tried talking to customer support but I don't have the sticker on my laptop with the numbers they need. 

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

If you've registered the system and provide the code from the screen and you verify your owner details, that's all that is needed.

If you are not the registered owner of the system, you'll need to get that taken care of first.

0 Kudos
stardigan
1 Copper

Oh, I didn't realize it would be on the screen since I can't even get the computer to start. They just kept yelling to look for the sticker. I doubt I'm still under warranty so a phone call will probably cost anyway. This **bleep**. Thank you, though!
0 Kudos
professordox
1 Copper

I am locked out too. Seems after the warranty is up, Dell kicks you to the curb.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
U2CAMEB4ME
4 Tellurium

Welcome to the Dell Community  @professordox 

Try these sites???

https://bios-pw.org/

OR:

https://biospassword.eu/dell-free-passwords

Best regards,

U2