Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

S

4 Posts

April 26th, 2018 16:00

Dell Security Manager Locked Me Out

My laptop has locked me out. I have it set up so it asks for the admin password before it boots, then a pin for Windows. It's saying the system password is wrong, although I know it isn't. This happened the other day and finally worked after hours of trying different things, none of which actually helped. It just randomly accepted the password. Any advice would be awesome. I'm beyond frustrated. I have a screenshot but I'm not sure how to share it. When I turn it on, I see the Dell logo and pressing F2 or F12 does nothing, it goes straight to a box saying "Dell Security Manager."

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

April 26th, 2018 17:00

If you've registered the system and provide the code from the screen and you verify your owner details, that's all that is needed.

If you are not the registered owner of the system, you'll need to get that taken care of first.

4 Posts

April 26th, 2018 17:00

I tried talking to customer support but I don't have the sticker on my laptop with the numbers they need. 

4 Posts

April 26th, 2018 18:00

Oh, I didn't realize it would be on the screen since I can't even get the computer to start. They just kept yelling to look for the sticker. I doubt I'm still under warranty so a phone call will probably cost anyway. This **bleep**. Thank you, though!

June 22nd, 2019 01:00

I am locked out too. Seems after the warranty is up, Dell kicks you to the curb.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2019 04:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @professordox 

Try these sites???

https://bios-pw.org/

OR:

https://biospassword.eu/dell-free-passwords

Best regards,

U2

1 Message

September 10th, 2020 04:00

Hello,

I purchased a Dell E6510 from eBay about 5 years ago. So I am guessing I'm the "3rd" owner of it. I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 when the option became available. And yesterday I decided to "reset" Windows 10 to factory settings so that I could wipe the hard drive and part with the laptop. 

The "reset" went as planned until the laptop rebooted. It then booted to the Security Manager, as described in this thread. I proceeded to do research into this issue and found this thread. I took @U2CAMEB4ME's advice and followed the links provided. I discovered that the code provided on the screen of the Security Manager differs from what the sites were expecting. Where these sites expect a code that started with 7 characters; the code I've been given has 9 (and actually 11, if you include the **); it is: **14DPTIJFT-2A7B. I tried just using the letters in the first part of the code & it generated a password; but this password was not correct. Any other format was not successful as well.

I also found in additional research from Dell that on older desktop pc's, there was a jumper switch on the mother board that could be turned so that this could be bypassed. Would this be possible on a laptop as well?

I am hoping to not have to pay Dell for a password; especially since I'm trying to part with the laptop. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance on this matter. Have a great day.

No Events found!