Dell SupportAssist Tool Not Working

I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Laptop, which came with pre installed Windows 10. It has the Dell SupportAssist tool preinstalled, which is not working at all. Every time I open the SupportAssist toll, it crashes or does not opens at all. This app looks like a joke by Dell too their customers.

Satyajit Prakash

# 7042457716

3 Replies
LeeLooneyMom
1 Copper

Re: Dell SupportAssist Tool Not Working

Does anybody from the company read these complaints? I just updated Support Assist because it wasn't working and it still won't complete a scan. My touchscreen doesn't work and the interactive test won't run. Came here for answers but no luck so far.

Leaffairy
1 Copper

I came to the laptop community looking for another topic, and stumbled across this one. My computer will send a message to use support assist. It will come up but never works either. It freezes. It NEVER operates correctly. 

Inspiron 15 3000 series. 

I have the exact same problem (along with a multitude of others) on a  box that is 9 months old.  After sending numerous emails to support finally got someone to call me (they won't give a number) and sat on the phone for 2 hour, 18 mins to no avail, still having problems (plural) with the machine.

This will be my LAST Dell no doubt.

(and to the above question: I'm pretty sure they don't read these but it made me feel better...kinda)

I JUST RECEIVED THE BELOW EMAIL:

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for the email response.

xxxxxxxxx, I understand that performance issue is still not fixed. I deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you. 

Kindly perform the suggested steps and include your observations in the reply email. Do take your time and perform them.

I can understand that it may be difficult to allocate time specifically to communicate with us telephonically.. We are happy to continue the communication over email itself and help you further.

We'll wait for the results and follow up with you accordingly.

Thank you for choosing Dell and have a great day!

Regards,
Sreekanth
Dell Technical Support
Shift Time - 10:00 to 19:00 CDT
Weekly Offs: Friday and Saturday

0 Kudos