Highlighted
MHSwizzleStick
1 Copper

Dell Update says I need to install wrong bios

I have an Inspiron 7391 with BIOS version 1.3.1. When I run Dell Update, it reports that I need to install 7390 System BIOS version 1.4.0. Note that those model numbers are not typos; I have a 7391 and Dell Update says I need a BIOS for 7390. Before I noticed this inconsistency, I clicked Install. It downloaded the installer and rebooted. On restart, it did NOT flash the BIOS, probably because it is the wrong BIOS for my computer. Instead, it immediately said the install was successful and rebooted back to Windows.

I am not experiencing any problem with my computer, because, happily, the wrong BIOS wasn't flashed. I just wanted to report that there is something seriously wrong with Dell Update.

5 Replies

Re: Dell Update says I need to install wrong bios

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to investigate this & escalate further.

We have requested for a few details on private message. Please share the same.

0 Kudos
flyer213
1 Copper

I have the same problem, and the same laptop 7391

0 Kudos
MHSwizzleStick
1 Copper

No solution other than using the online product support:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?app=products&~ck=mn 

0 Kudos
nfischer518
1 Copper

I am having the same issue.  I have an Inspiron 7391, but the Bios update is for 7390.  I attempted to install it before I realized, but the update failed.  Is there anyway to correct the issue?

0 Kudos

Hi nfischer518, We have replied to you via private note.

Kavyashree A

0 Kudos