Highlighted
2 Bronze

Dell Update v3.1.3 (latest version) doesn't report the results of its scan

Whenever I click on "Verify" (my Dell Update is in Portuguese - here it shows as "Verificar"), Dell Update simply blocks out some links in its window and doesn't report anything. If I close Dell Update and open it again I see that it has the correct time information about the last verification. But no updates are ever showed or installed - also no message about "no new updates found" or something similar. Thank you. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 14R 5421 with i7.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Dell Update v3.1.3 (latest version) doesn't report the results of its scan

have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the Dell Update?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

@bacillus1 

Hello! I tried the options to repair and restore the Dell Update app, but these options didn't fix the problem. Then I tried uninstalling the Dell Update app. Well, now Dell Update app is totally gone and I can't download it from where I initially got it. I can't find Dell Update app at Microsoft Store. I opened Dell SupportAssist app to see if it would download Dell Update app again if I checked for updates at it, but Dell SupportAssist app reported that my system is fully updated. Same for the online "check for updates" at Dell website on the browser (Chrome). Well, I think I will keep my system this way, Dell Update app was apparently just duplicating functionality from the Dell SupportAssist app anyways. I don't think I will download it "manually" at Dell website. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

@bacillus1 

Do you think this Dell Update app is really necessary for my system if I already update drivers using the following methods:
- Dell SupportAssist app

- Dell webpage

- Iobit Driver Booster Pro

- Windows Update (enabled option to check for updates of other Microsoft products)

- Intel Driver & Support Assistant

- maybe others that I don't remember now.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

simple answer to your query is no.

I just use it to see if an update is available. if it is I check it out on the dell download web page to see if I actually need it/them.