Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CS

February 27th, 2018 06:00

Dell WebCam PinOut Configuration

Hi 

I have old non-working dell laptop with webcam [CN-07RGXF-72487] having 7-pin out. It is having one webcam and 2 micro phones [Left and Right]. Connection of wiring to the laptop as Black - Brown - Black - Red (thin wire) - Red - Brown (thin wire) - Black (thin wire), which i want to convert this webcam as USB camera. 

Can some one help me with the pin configuration, so that i can connect to the proper USB terminals (+5V, D+, D- , 0V).

• 

16.7K Posts

February 27th, 2018 06:00

Chandra Sekhar K,

Unfortunately, this information is not available in my database.

1 Message

September 10th, 2019 05:00

would say look for the two that are twisted together, those will be the data lines, ground will be the one that sets off the multimeter in continuity mode to the pcb ground-plane.. power will be the one that has a big/multiple capacitors connected between it and ground.. there should be nothing else other than the devices or vregs on it.. if the comp at least powers up, could use it being powered up to look for a line with 5v on it.. built a custom webcam from a 1525's webcam/mic module...

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

September 10th, 2019 16:00

http://www.ascendtech.us/dell-7rgxf-web-camera-replacement_i_ltpdel7rgxfwebc.aspx

Dell Part Number: 7RGXF 07RGXF CN-07RGXF
Compatible Models: Dell Studio 1557 1558 Series

1 Message

February 9th, 2020 17:00

You're just interested in the leftmost four wires in the webcam connector. The colors can be random but the order never changes. The first one is GND which connects to the black wire in the USB cable. To the right of that is D+ which connects to the green USB wire. After that is D- which should be twisted together with D+. This one connects to the white USB wire. The fourth wire is the 3.3V input. You can connect this directly to the red 5V wire from the USB cable but if you want your camera to last a long time I'd consider adding some kind of step-down converter to the power wires to make it 3.3V going into the camera. The rest of the wires are just for the microphones. Hope that helps!

1 Message

May 5th, 2020 12:00

In my case  instead of 4th wire, the power for the camera is 5th wire starting from black the ground. The rest is the same. And Cam is working perfect on USB power.

Microphone wire configuration is requested.....

I found the connectivity by scratching the PCB

Blue and Red wires (7, 4) go to Right and Left mic respectively

The Green Wire (6) goes to both side of the microphone

Gray is still unknown

but the microphone is not working

any help?

2 Posts

May 10th, 2020 09:00

1st of all which side do i look at when takeing the left wires? also my webcam the leftmost wires are gren and white which are intertwined any help?

2 Posts

May 10th, 2020 09:00

my leftmost wires are intertwined what should i do?

1 Message

May 21st, 2020 21:00

Hello.
I used the same wiring as "musmanali"
Lubuntu doesn't recognize the camera.
Windows recognizes the camera, but reports failure to play the video
suggestions ??
There are device drivers. ???
Thank you!

1 Message

May 29th, 2020 16:00

I have managed to run the camera (thanks to Elijah C).

My sequence of wiring colors (starting from wiring far more in the edge of the camera board (PNCN-06YWTK installed originally in the dell latitude E6310)

1st - Black  --> is the ground (should be connected to the black wiring of the USB cable)

2nd - Black (was wrapped with wiring #3)  --> Data + (should be connected to the green wiring of the USB cable)

3rd - White (was wrapped with wiring #2)  --> Data - (should be connected to the white wiring of the USB cable)

4th - Red  --> power 3.3v (should be connected to the red wiring of the USB cable using power converter from 5v to 3.3v) Note: The part number AMS1117 was used to convert the power voltage.

5th - Orange

6th - Yellow

7th - Green

8th - Blue 

5th to 8th, I did not used as it is probably to the microphone.

I hope this information will help.

1 Message

November 24th, 2020 05:00

Hi all, I hope I can help here:

once you remove the camera from the lid (glued with not very strong adhesive) scratch that remaining glue next to the connector and pinout will be there. 

this is what I have on one of my cameras from Dell:

-Diag (closer to the microphone)

- D+

- D-

- 3V3

- M_VCC

- M_CLK

- M_GND

- M_DATA

- GND

- GND

Remember!! scratch that glue - works for every laptop camera.

April 25th, 2021 00:00

Can You Please Help Me Out ...

Mine Dell Inspiron 15 3521 having 6 Wires In it Where as 2 wires are Twisted Togethers as Coded Colors Light Green And Slaty ( or may Be White ) then Next one is Black , Brown , Red , Yellow 

I dont Know Which wire is Either GND i dont have Multimeter This I used to Make it Through this Referral: 

https://youtu.be/f0CNgIqQWd4।   

Which thus Beeps whenever I connected to check Through Copper Plate In Webcam to Both Black and Red Wires Simultaneously to Check It through ( Dum multimeter) 

While I searched The Wiring Of such Usb Webcam They tell Is that sequence Never Changes But Whenever I connected it on Sequence the Plate Get Starts To Heat....

I thought 2 Twisted Wires are For Data but Dont Know Which one is Data - and Data +. Also Please Help me to Configure The Wires to Connect to Usb......

November 23rd, 2021 14:00

im currently in the middle of figuring that out. my webcam unit is probably similar to yours

No Events found!