Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

September 3rd, 2020 06:00

Dell cancelled my order without notifying me

I had ordered my  Inspiron 14 7000 Series - 7490 on August 13 2020 and was told the delivery date is 3rd september, 2 days after this I got an update saying the date is updated to 28th september.I was fine with that also and just casually followed up on 29th August and they said it is still 28th september. Today I got a email written without putting any thought to it

@ Dell - Even before I could respond to this mail my order is already cancelled and I was shocked. What surprised me is that the site was still showing this as available but now it is suddenly showing  icore5 for the same price and when i ordered the ad was showing icore7

Please tell me how is Inspiron 15 7000 same as   Inspiron 14 7000 Series - 7490 ?

Is 15 inches and 14 inches laptop same? Is the weight of the laptops same? Is the power consumption same? And this mail implies I either take what you give or get a refund. 

I spent several months researching for the laptop I wanted and then I ordered this.

If I wanted to buy the model  Inspiron 15 7000 I would have done so. I could have waited for 2 months if the reasons were mentioned . This is not reasonable explaination. This is reckless and never expected from Dell. If you dont have stocks in clearance sale then why did you allow this purchase . How can you cancel the order and then ask the customer to pick what you give or take refund. If the order is already cancelled what is the point of this mail and making me wait an entire month . I even followed up with customer care 3 times and latest I followed up on 29th August and even that time i was told to just wait till 28th september.

The order you placed online on 13/08/2020 with Internet Reference Number (IRN) AU***********

This Bundle is originally on clearance sale and now we not able to fulfilled as no longer unit available in stock to complete your order, hence similar model suggested as replacement for your order by product manager which is  Inspiron 15 7000] a 15 inch laptop.

The main difference are = 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10510U Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.9 GHz)

& NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 with 2GB GDDR5 graphics memory.

I have also attached a quote for your reference.

This the only bundle approved by the product manager as a replacement for one off. Delivery within 10 - 14 working days.

Do let me know your thoughts on this whether you want us to:

·         Built the system with the replacement bundle and deliver to you

·         Cancel the order totally and arrange refund

Hope to hear from you soon and sorry for all the inconvenience caused

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2020 06:00

It's not surprising, given the demand for notebooks is high, the supply chains still haven't fully recovered from COVID-19 shutdowns, and Intel just today complicated everything by announcing the 11th generation CPUs, which will be shipping in new systems shortly.

It sounds like the tried to accommodate your order with the best match they can supply. If that's not what you want, leave the order as cancelled and re-order what you do want - but you may be waiting awhile as the manufacturing operations start transitioning toward 11th generation notebooks.

September 3rd, 2020 07:00

We dont buy a laptop after doing so much research and then adding all configurations and later want to get something that best matches what we ordered?

The best match was neither the same weight nor the same configuration? The best match is heavier ,consumes more power and does not have a good review. If I want to order again then why would I pay for this and then wait for them to cancel it without informing me ? And now why will I order for another laptop that does not meet my requirement? They can increase the wait time and ask me to wait instead of such replies.

Thanks Clintlgm (4 Beryllium) - I will check in that forum. If nothing works then I just pray they refund me.

1.5K Posts

You should post in the Customer Care forum they have Dell employees there that may or may not be able to help you. This is mostly a User to User forum.

That said,  looks like you got lucky that the canceled your order rather than sending you the lesser notebook for the same price. Get your money back and find another model or go to another company

No Events found!