gilevi16501650
1 Copper

Dell g5 5587 temperate sensor issues

Dear Dell,

i bought this laptop for my studying and gaming.

first of all, while gaming the temperature is more than 90C. is it ok? i checked it with Speccy (software).

secondly, i checked the temperature while browsing (using Chrome) , and i found the temperature can jump from 50C to 85C in less than 1 second, the fans are working too.

its not make sense that the temperature can jump more than 30C in 1 second...

i don't know if its a software or hardware misconfiguration or something like that but many other users are facing the same.

please update us asap with any information regarding this issue.

thanks,

Gil.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caula
2 Iron

Re: Dell g5 5587 temperate sensor issues

Everyone is lamenting slow fan response. Because with the last bioses they kick in after 70°, and if you're under load temperatures get higher than 80° as long as fans start spinning properly. Everyone on this forum is trying to get Dell's attention on this issue since there is no way by default for users to customize this behaviour

gilevi16501650
1 Copper

OK. but what about the second issue: i checked the temperature while browsing (using Chrome) , and i found the temperature jumps from 50C to 85C in less than 1 second... It doesn't make sense. Am i right?

Thanks for reaching us here.

I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

As the first step of troubleshooting, I’d like you to run the basic hardware diagnostics to check the hardware functionality of your system. This video has instructions on how to run the test: dell.to/2gEuPZz  
After you run the test, let us know if you receive any error messages or error codes. Ensure that the laptop charger is connected while you initiate the diagnostics.

Also, request you to boot the system into BIOS (by tapping F2 during startup) and check if the system reports any Fan, Temperature or Thermal Event errors on start-up or share a picture of the screen.

-Farooq

0 Kudos
gilevi16501650
1 Copper

Hi,

Done, and No error was found...

I checked it again now, in 1 second the temperature jumped from 50C to 92C.

tested again for 10 minutes without touching the laptop, the temperature is 49C for all the 10 minutes.

open Chrome - 89C (double click) and goes down to 49C again (in less than 3 seconds).

double click on iexplorer - jumps only to 72C for 1 second.

open Jpg file - jumped to 89C.

starting vm machine (kali) - jumped to 70C and stay like this fir 2 minutes and suddenly it goes down to 45C

It looks like the sensor is getting incorrect values.

please check it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos

Thanks for troubleshooting. I would suggest you to update the following latest drivers on the system and check if the issue persists.

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver : https://dell.to/2PMHybU

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : https://dell.to/2PMksSL

Dell G5 5587 System BIOS : https://dell.to/2PMkqKD

Also, for my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (DCFAdmin) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

- Ravi

0 Kudos
gilevi16501650
1 Copper

Hi, didn't work. any more solutions? sometimes in gaming the laptop get freeze and i have to restart it. (private message sent) Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jeddin
1 Copper

Any Updates?

Getting 30c + when opening browser. (40c to 90c)

0 Kudos