Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:17

February 3rd, 2018 17:00

Also: I cannot seem to open the realtek audio manager either I found were it is. It just will not open, I would like to get into it because I feel like if I did that I could fix things

3 Posts

February 4th, 2018 02:00

I had this problem before. Have you set the headset you bought as default recording device?  I right clicked the speaker icon and went to Recording devices. Set the headset as default and unchecked Disable all sound effects in Enhancements. It works for me, but I don't konw if it is useful for you.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 4th, 2018 05:00

@moolingood advice.

@Nakodaif the cable ends in TRRS plug (4 contacts -- tip, ring, ring, sleeve) then you don't need an adapter, if mean a splitter. A splitter will convert a TRRS plug into 2 TRS (3 contact) plugs A TRS plug is okay for the  headphones of your headset, but to use the mic part it has to have a TRRS plug to work in an Inspiron 7567's headset port.

You might try reinstalling the Realtek audio driver.

But our Windows 10 audio expert, Saltgrass, has reported that external analog mics (not usb or bluetooth) are not working on his laptops after recent Win10 change, so it could be a Win10 issue.

Other reasons include that the driver is not configured correctly, or the mic itself isn't working.

On laptop models with Realtek audio, there are settings in the WavesMaxx software that might have to be adjusted. It used to be that a popup would appear on the screen whenever  a device was plugged into the audio port. The popup required you to select the type of device you plugged in. If the popup didn't appear then the device wouldn't work.

For "headphones with a microphone", select"headset" if you get the popup. On some recent models you only have to select it once, but on some you have to select it every time the device is plugged in.

If Saltgrass doesn't reply in this thread you might send him a private message.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 4th, 2018 05:00

The Windows 10 update delivered Thursday, KB4058258, included a new Service Stack KB4074608.  This update appears to have made some changes to the behavior of the system.

I had no problem opening Waves from the hidden icons.

It appears now, as was suggested, choosing headphones or headset will control the wired microphone.  It is not necessary to set it as default communications device.  In waves, the third window from the left will change to a headset presentation.  The audio quality remains good.

I have not yet tested my Bluetooth headsets but will do so later.

If you can get the Maxx audio UI open and no popup happens, with the speaker window selected you should be able to choose the headset.

As a side note, I have had a delay in the System Notification sounds.  That seems to have been corrected on the 7567.

I would attach a picture but that does not seem to be cooperating in the new forum configuration.

May 10th, 2018 23:00

I'm having this same issue. I remember when I first got the laptop it had pop up icon but ever since that 1st day it has not shown up since. My speaker says speaker/headset all the time. No other devices listed under sounds. Disabled devices are shown. Waves audio running. I can hear through headset but it's not recognized at all and not separate from the speaker audio device. Only 1 device shows up under sound. I tried reinstalling drivers multiple times. This laptop is only a couple days old.
No Events found!