Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Y

5 Posts

October 19th, 2019 02:00

Dell inspiron 15 7000 is so slow

Hi there, my company just got me a new Dell Inspiron 15 7000 i7 (1TB hard drive, 8GB RAM) and it has been so slow since day 1, start menu takes ages to pop up, right clicking takes seconds to show and I get this even on fresh boot without running any app. I have read online and it seems to be same for some users also, can anyone pls help how I can get it to function as it should. Thanks in advance 

5.6K Posts

October 19th, 2019 14:00

It could be doing Windows 10 updates.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 19th, 2019 18:00

Hi, 

Thank you for posting and for sending the service tag information via private message. We have opened a case and will be responding to you privately.

Geoffrey

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 19th, 2019 18:00

Hi,
This is Geoffrey from the Dell Social support team.
I will be glad to assist you with the performance issue you are facing with the system.
I hope the Windows 10 updates were successful. To check: select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
As it is a new system, let try updating the drivers using the Dell Support application. Click on start and in the search box type in Support Assist. Click on the application and click on Run all and follow the onscreen menu. This will update the drivers and also scan your system to detect any hardware issue within the Windows operating system.
Do let me know if this helps.
Geoffrey.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 22nd, 2019 09:00

Hi,

I'm following up to check if your system is working fine. Do let me know if you need any assistance. I will be glad to assist you.

Geoffrey

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 23rd, 2019 08:00

Hi,
Considering that I have not heard from you. I will proceed to archive this case. Message us if you need any assistance. We are available round the clock.
Geoffrey

October 23rd, 2019 09:00

Oh hello, soo sorry i missed your messages.

Thanks for your reply

I just saw your proposed solution of running the driver and windows updates. Will get back to you on the outcome of it.

Thanks, very grateful

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

You're welcome. Happy to help. I will wait to hear from you. Wish you a great day.
Geoffrey

• 

16.7K Posts

October 24th, 2019 05:00

Click the link here to update any drivers manually for your computer.

October 24th, 2019 05:00

Hi there,

so i have tried running windows update countless times and i get this error message "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:". Tried using Dell Support Assist driver update and that also takes forever so i have uninstalled Dell Support Assist and downloading it again to try one more time.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 25th, 2019 16:00

Hi, 

I'm just checking if you have updated the drivers as suggested earlier. If yes, do share your findings.

Please send us a private message.

Geoffrey

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 26th, 2019 16:00

Hello,

Considering we have not heard from you, I shall proceed to archive this case on Social Media. Message us if you need any assistance. We are here to assist you.

Geoffrey

October 29th, 2019 03:00

I have done all updates but still it doesn't function as it should. Any other solution you have for me?

• 

25K Posts

October 29th, 2019 03:00

Hi, 

Let's try to boot the system in safe mode and check if the issue persists. You can refer to this link: https://dell.to/2ICEA6J which has the steps on how to get into the safe mode. 

Also, do run the hardware diagnostics and let me know if there are any error messages. You can refer to this link: https://dell.to/31YjVTY which has the steps on how to run the hardware diagnostics.

Regards, 

Prajesh

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

October 30th, 2019 11:00

Hi,

I have sent you a private message.

Geoffrey

No Events found!