Dead Left
1 Copper

Dell inspiron 15 7000 series some keyborad keys not work

The other day i was playing games when i noticed my "2" "w" "s" and "x" keys just randomly stop working every other keys work but if i press them repetitively they work but after few minutes they go back to not working. I have tried using a external keyboard on the external keyboard it works fine but the keys on the laptop does not work any solution ?      

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell inspiron 15 7000 series some keyborad keys not work

Thank you for your message. Does the key not work only when gaming or does it not work irrespective of the applications used?

An external keyboard working fine is an indication that it could be the physical keyboard.

Has there been any liquid spillage on the keyboard? Please try using an air can to clear off any dust accumulated & check if the keys respond.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find service tag.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Dead Left
1 Copper

No the keys does not work both on game plus on other application. When spam hit the keys several time repetitively they would work for like 20 seconds then they wont work anymore unless i spam hit the **bleep** out of them plus sometimes they dont always work when i do that. There has been no liquid spillage and on a external keyboard those same keys work fine but the keys on the laptop they are not working properly.    

0 Kudos

This seems to be an issue with the physical keyboard. If the system is under warranty I can assist you with the part replaced, please share the service tag on a private message.

If the warranty has expired. You can speak to our out of warranty team & they can assist you with the part replacement on a chargeable basis.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos