Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2018 04:00

Dell inspiron 17 5000 wont turn on after i press power button

Hi there, I have a dell 17 5000, my problem is, is that when I press the power button the light on the button stays for about 9 seconds and then turns off, but the light next to my mouse pad stays on for another 4 seconds, whilst this is all happening my fan blows really loudly and then my laptop turns off. I should also say that the screen of the laptop is just black when this is all happening, please help as I have no clue for what to do, I've only had this laptop for about 7 months!

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

April 27th, 2018 07:00

It's going to require some internal troubleshooting - best done at first under direction of Dell's technical support staff.  Chances are it's going to require a replacement system board thereafter - start by calling for support.

3 Posts

April 27th, 2018 05:00

Is it that bad? Can I not do anything else?

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

April 27th, 2018 05:00

Time to call Dell for a warranty repair on the system.

3 Posts

April 27th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for the advice my friend!

1 Message

February 8th, 2019 06:00

My Dell inspiron 17 5000 had a similar problem. Every once in a while the power button would not work. The technical support from Dell helped me in every way they can think of to no avail. It was until they asked me to disconnect the power charger and the mouse that it started to work. It turned out the wireless mouse I was using is the culprit. After I started to use a regular wired mouse, the problem have not shown up again. The wireless mouse works with all other 3 laptops in my house, just not this inspiron 17.

293 Posts

February 8th, 2019 15:00

Just wondering... did you try a different USB port with the wireless?  Nice solution they came up with.  Strange, who knows these days.  lol

No Events found!