nausea
1 Copper

Dell insprion 14 3000 series will shut down after logo appea

Can someone please help me, my dell inspiron 14 3000 series 3458 with core i5 5200u and vga nvidia geforce 820m will shut down after a few seconds i turned it on, is it really a motherboard issue?because i already try to remove ram and give a new thermal paste on processor 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
5 Tungsten

Re: Dell insprion 14 3000 series will shut down after logo a

Are you seeing any flashing lights or hearing any beeps? It does not sound like a heat issue where reapplying thermal paste will help, at least not if it happens right away before the system has time to warm up. Possibly RAM, so remove and reseat the  RAM. Also run diagnostics on the system if you are able to get it to boot. Restart the system and at the Dell splash screen start tapping F12. Run full system diagnostics. You can also try resetting the system. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then reconnect everything and try again. Also remove the CMOS battery (coin cell) and leave it out for at least 15 minutes (Intel recommends 30). Better yet replace the battery after leaving it out for  the same amount of time.

Did this start after you made any updates to the system or possibly after reapplying thermal paste (I believe you said you already did that).

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS Z170K i5 6600
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
nausea
1 Copper

Re: Dell insprion 14 3000 series will shut down after logo a

No i didn't see any flash light or hear any beeps, its just turn off after logo dell appears and i cannot access the bios setup since the laptop will turn off itself after a few seconds, i already reseat the ram and since i have 2 of them i tried to use one of them or change the seat but it had no effect and even i clean the ram with eraser, sometimes the windows appears but after a few minutes it will turn off itself, for the cmos battery i change the battery with a new one its still the same, what i want to know when motherboard broken what symptoms the laptop will tell us? By the way thanks for your reply i really need a help
0 Kudos