Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2020 12:00

Dell laptop G3 15 3590 HDMI no signal

Hi, I decided to post here because I have this problem for 2 days now.

So basically my issue is that my Dell G3 15 laptop does not output to HDMI all of a sudden. It worked well before I went to sleep and did not work when I started it in the morning. When I plug the HDMI cable from my laptop to my monitor, my laptop screen goes black and my monitor outputs "No signal". I usually have my laptop projection to "Second screen only" (my monitor), but even when I select to "Duplicate" it is still the same effect.

My laptop specs :

DELL G3 15 3590

• Intel i7 9750H
  • 8GB RAM
  • GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q
  • Windows 10 version 2004

What I tried :

• rebooting my laptop many times
  • unpluging then repluging my monitor
  • checking if my monitor had the correct source selected
  • updating Windows 10
  • going back to an old build of Windows 10
  • reinstalling my video card driver
  • trying a new HDMI cable (doesn't work for my laptop but works for another laptop)
  • trying on another TV (also black screen + no signal)

I googled "Dell G3 15 HDMI no signal" but didn't find any thread with a problem like mine, and all the ones that were similar had simple solutions that I already tried.

The problem definitely comes from my Dell laptop since I tried with another laptop on 2 different monitors and had no problems. I don't remember if there was a Windows update on the night before it didn't work anymore.

I would gladly appreciate if you could help me. I'm running out of solutions and I need my monitor

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

June 17th, 2020 13:00

The laptop always will default to your screen, not an external monitor. Open Display Settings and force it to find the monitor. Right click on the desktop to get to Display Options quickly. You should not attach a monitor with the laptop ON. Boot with the monitor already attached.

Check to make sure you are using the correct HDMI ports--output on the laptop, input on the external monitor. 

6 Posts

June 18th, 2020 05:00

Hello,

thank you for your message. It now works again when booting with the HDMI cable already plugged in from my laptop to my monitor.

I still think it's a problem that it doesn't work if I plug it in while my laptop is already ON, but for now I'll rather not try it and be happy that it works.

Thanks and have a great day!

No Events found!