Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

February 13th, 2018 09:00

Different Screen Brightness Between Tabs i7373

I've noticed a change in brightness whenever i switch between tabs with different color backgrounds. Whenever i switch to a light colored tab it brightens up then to a dark background it dims. i dont know what the feature is specifically called but How to do i stop this from happening?

3 Posts

i have checked through the intel graphic settings and i do not see anythings about power saving tech. i already have adaptive brightness disabled.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

Look under the Intel Graphics Settings > Power.  Do you see anything about Intel Display Power Saving Tech?  If so, turn it off; on some systems that even causes colors to look very washed out.  Another place to check would be Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Advanced > Display.  Make sure adaptive brightness is off, although admittedly I don't think this one will be the culprit because it's supposed to be based on ambient light, so even if your display's output were factored in, adaptive brightness should be causing your display to get DARKER when it's displaying a light scene.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 13th, 2018 10:00

Ok, I've seen Display Power Saving Tech removed from newer systems, possibly because it wasn't well received due to the side effects, but I thought it may still exist on your system.  If that's not it, I remember threads about the XPS 13 and a feature called "Content Adaptive Brightness Control", which sounds a lot like what you're seeing even though it's on a different model.  In that case, there was a firmware update that allowed it to be disabled or enabled.  If you haven't already, go to support.dell.com and select your system model, then look through all of the available items in the Driver and Downloads section to see if you have something like that listed.

February 15th, 2018 10:00

I have the exact same laptop with the exact same "Feature". Dell has released tools to fix this issue in the XPS line for both QHD and Full HD screen, they haven't yet released for the inspiron line nor they have given any deadline to do so or even accepted that they will be releasing such a tool. It's quite irritating "feature" but yeah we are stuck with it till dell decides to release a firmware patch to fix it.

May 15th, 2018 19:00

Dell has finally acknowledged the issue exists, please send in system info as per this post by one of the dell employees

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-auto-brightness-adjust/td-p/6066310/page/2

July 13th, 2018 07:00

The new BIOS update released yesterday, version 1.10.0, adds an option under Video to disable this feature.

This was a built-in power management tool.  Disabling it may cause an impact on your battery life.

1 Message

June 20th, 2021 22:00

Finally after researching for several sleepless nights, I found the solution. Trust me guys this worked for me.
If nothing worked for you until now, then try this final thing.
1. Restart your device.
2. When dell logo comes, hit F2, you'll enter bios.
3. Now goto display settings.
4. Now a screen will appear where they'll show battery brightness and ac powered brightness.
5. Bring the brightness meter to minimum.
6. Now click exit and the system will restart.
Voila!! Problem Solved!
No more brightness change between tabs or apps.

No Events found!