starchaser891
1 Copper

Do I need to calibrate my laptop battery when using Dell Power Manger?

Jump to solution

I am using dell power manager to start charging at 50% and stop charging at 55%. As my laptop never gets a full charge-discharge cycle, I am worried whether this may cause errors in the battery meter. So, do I need to calibrate the battery by doing a "full" charge-discharge cycle at least every month?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LSUFAN51
5 Iridium

Re: Do I need to calibrate my laptop battery when using Dell Power Manger?

Jump to solution

Calibrating the battery is always a good thing to do. I always calibrate my laptops by letting battery drop to about 10 % - 20% then I charge battery back up to 100%. I do this step every other month. Now, keep in mind, there are many methods to calibrate laptops battery.

How to calibrate laptop battery for Windows 10 in 2020 (windowsreport.com)

To answer your question: Yes,  I would calibrate the battery but it is really up to you. 

How to Improve the Performance of a Dell Laptop Battery | Dell US

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LSUFAN51
5 Iridium

Re: Do I need to calibrate my laptop battery when using Dell Power Manger?

Jump to solution

Calibrating the battery is always a good thing to do. I always calibrate my laptops by letting battery drop to about 10 % - 20% then I charge battery back up to 100%. I do this step every other month. Now, keep in mind, there are many methods to calibrate laptops battery.

How to calibrate laptop battery for Windows 10 in 2020 (windowsreport.com)

To answer your question: Yes,  I would calibrate the battery but it is really up to you. 

How to Improve the Performance of a Dell Laptop Battery | Dell US

View solution in original post

0 Kudos