1 Copper

Do inspiron i5 3521 supports External graphic card setup?

Hi guys,I need help indeed

I have dell inspiron i5 3521 with AMD HD 7670M Gpu, it was working fine after updating to win10 I got stuck in blue screen death error which show "thread stuck in device drive"

I tried all methods but found with no use, now I saw one blog which shows we can use external Egpu setup to boost graphics or it can solve my problems, as of I'm an design engineer I need to fix it ASAP to work.please find attached pic which shows external setup and please let me know that my laptop can support external Egpu or not !

download.jpeg

so that I can buy setup 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
7 Gold

Re: Do inspiron i5 3521 supports External graphic card setup?

No - there is no way to connect an external GPU to this model.

You may want to run a full diagnostic on the system (F12 at powerup), but if the GPU has failed, it's time for a new system.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Hi buddy thanks for the reply

I have done diagnosed laptop it show fully working fine  

I saw clip in that removing WiFi board and using beast egpu cable setup its possible I think , I need to know will that WORK

Please find attached link to find setup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIo93jMrAQ8

Setup for replacing WiFi card

https://m.banggood.in/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-PCI-E-E...

0 Kudos
7 Gold

Note:

1.  You will not be able to close up the system if you install an adapter like this.  That will turn your system into a desktop computer.

2. The wifi card socket has nowhere near the bandwidth needed for a graphics card.  You likely won't see much in the way of a performance boost at all as a result.

3.  This device will work only with an external monitor - it will not feed the graphics signal to the internal display panel.

If you want a desktop system without the performance deficit of the wifi socket, buy a good, used desktop system and keep the notebook for your portable computing.  

No one can tell you whether the external GPU will work until you try it -- and carefully evaluate the deficiencies of such a device even if one does work.  You're essentially sacrificing the reason you have a notebook in the first place:  mobility.

0 Kudos
1 Copper

Thanks man , will setup once and will let you guys know if any pros and con.

But will be waiting for further assist from your side

0 Kudos