Highlighted
solidsmith
1 Nickel

Dreaded 2 Amber, 7 White LED blinking - 7559

Jump to solution

So as the title says, the Inspiron 7559 I am working on for my roommate is giving me the 2/7 pattern. It's a nice machine for his purposes. We got it working a few months ago with a CMOS drain, but it only worked for a short while. It sat for a bit and I have done a bunch of looking around, so I know that it means there is something wrong with the LCD screen, or maybe the cable, since the self-check test passes when I do that whole thing... All I want to know is if it is worth it try the cable replacement, or do you think that it is an issue with the mainboard and I need to maybe replace something else? I run a small computer repair shop from my house and have a lot of experience with complicated fixes, so I am prepared for things to get complicated haha but I figured I would at least ask here whether or not it's even worth it.

Also, if it's the board, are things replaceable on this motherboard, or do I basically have to replace the whole thing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
solidsmith
1 Nickel

Re: Dreaded 2 Amber, 7 White LED blinking - 7559

Jump to solution

So this issue is just straight up ignored by Dell it would seem lol How many people have had this issue on this forum alone and it just gets ignored on every post. Quality.

0 Kudos
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

@solidsmith wrote:

So this issue is just straight up ignored by Dell it would seem lol How many people have had this issue on this forum alone and it just gets ignored on every post. Quality.

These forums are not official Dell technical support.

0 Kudos
solidsmith
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Fair point, but it doesn't change mine either. All I was looking for was some confirmation on a simple question: Is it doomed to a motherboard replacement? Answer: Yes, absolutely, this issue has no fix.

0 Kudos
nyc10036
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

@solidsmith wrote:

Fair point, but it doesn't change mine either. All I was looking for was some confirmation on a simple question: Is it doomed to a motherboard replacement? Answer: Yes, absolutely, this issue has no fix.

If the ePSA/PSA error indicates that it is a motherboard failure then, yes, you are doomed to a motherboard replacement.

0 Kudos